Trans Pacific Fall ‘24.

Bxc53

We are looking at the Trans Pac cruises this fall, Solstice or Edge with similar itins. We’ve been on 3 Solstice cruises a few years ago and enjoyed them, but we are interested  to try the Edge class. 

So, to my point, the Edge cruise is almost twice the price.  The E is newer and larger, of course, but it seems out of proportion, especially with much smaller price differences on other E v S class similar itins.

Any thoughts on why? Am I missing something?

Thanks for any input 

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Bxc53 said:

We are looking at the Trans Pac cruises this fall, Solstice or Edge with similar itins. We’ve been on 3 Solstice cruises a few years ago and enjoyed them, but we are interested  to try the Edge class. 

So, to my point, the Edge cruise is almost twice the price.  The E is newer and larger, of course, but it seems out of proportion, especially with much smaller price differences on other E v S class similar itins.

Thanks for any input 

You are not missing anything...supply, demand and pleasing shareholders.  Edge is much newer and a different class of ship-E-class; Solstice is much older- S-class.  It also has more balconies, as Edge has IV’s.  Pricing is dynamic, so you need to look at availability of cabins/suites/types and $$$.  If money isn’t an issue...

Edited by Lastdance

My opinion will not be popular here, but…

We do NOT like the edge class ships, the bow is backwards, there’s this big ugly orange thing hanging over the side, no “real” balconies etc, etc, etc.

We love S class ships and really liked  Constellation, the only M class ship we have sailed on.

Someday we’ll do an edge class ship, but my dw will drag me kicking and screaming lol

I would NEVER pay more for it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bxc53 said:

Thanks for any input 

First off the Solstice hold more passengers , and is longer 

the has a higher tonnage and is wider 

I think S-class is a nice ship 

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/12030112_CEL_FleetGuide.pdf

We are starting a TP in less than 2 weeks.  Edge and Solstice both offered TP sailings within 1 week of each other.   Having done Solstice and Edge both multiple times we choose Edge.  

We love E class ships but we also love choices and getting a fair deal.  

One of the deciding factors for us was the 4 MDRs on the Edge offer more menu choices than the 1 MDR menu on the Solstice.  With 18 nights the more menu choices I have the better.  Similarly for breakfast and lunch on sea days where Eden Cafe for breakfast and lunch and the Rooftop Grill and Le Gran Bistro  for lunch give us more options. Another consideration was entertainment where we find E class ships offer better entertainment.  

Price was higher for the Edge initially and bookings didn’t open until quite awhile after Solstice  was taking bookings.  While I didn’t do any detailed tracking of prices, over time my sporadic price checking showed price gap narrowed a lot.  We ended up in a Sky Suite on the Edge for $560 per night for 2.  

• Like 1

I was on the Edge in 2020 and had an infinite Verandah which I didn’t care for. I would go for a Sunset Verandah to get a true balcony. I did like the 4 MDR’s on the Edge though. If it was me, I would go on the Solstice and get a true balcony at a better price. I do love the S and M class ships. We went on the Millie in 2019 Transpacific and had a fabulous time. Would certainly do it again. You’ll have a great time no matter what you choose.

• Like 1