Hoyer lift

Looking at taking paraplegic father on mariner of the sea. Has anyone used a hoyer lift? How is it maneuvering to get from bed to chair and bath? Wondering if the rooms truly have enough space for it. 

You will need an accessible cabin for space of his chair and the lift.   

Does your lift work well on carpet?   All cabins are carpeted.

I am not aware of any accessible cabin with a bathtub.  Pretty sure they all have roll-in/walk-in showers.  

I will be renting one but can’t find anyone sharing their experience. The cruise company of course tells me they are accommodating and accessible but they have no clue what I’m talking about. I would hate to set all of this up and get there and we can’t make it work. 

I cruise  often and always get an accessible room.  I was also injured a few years ago and required a hoyer for several months. That being said, I do not believe a hoyer would fit in the room and be useable. Is it possible?  Maybe, but certainly not easy.

Don’t know if it would fit well in the elevator, through hallways, doorways or under the bed.  

If he’s small enough and has some upper body strength maybe you could use the wooden slide boards that amputees use to transfer.