Royal ships for 2024/25 season.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Can you believe the pricing?

It is up there for Anthem, but still looks to be cheaper than similar itineraries on Ovation next season. I haven't bothered with looking at Voyager at this stage.

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

It is up there for Anthem, but still looks to be cheaper than similar itineraries on Ovation next season. I haven't bothered with looking at Voyager at this stage.

Just nothing that even tempts me in either itinerary or as a bargain.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Just nothing that even tempts me in either itinerary or as a bargain.

I am pretty spoilt next year as it goes. 1/2 a world cruise and a 60th birthday cruise on my favourite [off-topic cruise line] ship. With that in mind, I am not really looking for anything else for the 2025 part anyway. What is new in 25/26 - the Wiggles, but we don't have young kids.

I had a brief look at birthday #61 on an Anthem weekender or maybe the 5 night Hobart cruise in March, but that has passed-by and my wallet is still in my pocket. There is a serious lack of variety across all of our local itineraries. Once we get the big stuff out of the way next year, I think I will take a look at a Daytona 500 combo with B2B or S2S Caribbean itineraries.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, arxcards said:

Back on topic, just for you Chili!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAp3xV1wtZ8

That’s a very motivating video there Geoff.

Probably the most inspiring thing I’ve seen on this Royal Caribbean thread since they released their 2025 -2026 Australian season .

I reckon if you had some subliminal advertising in the background on the outrageous prices and repetitive itineraries that Royal have . You might be up for a advertising award of some description.

I noticed they only deliver in the U.S , how do you receive the medallion here ? Is it in the cabin or something?

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

@springaussie

Any word on your repositioning cruise on Anthem Glen?

Things seem to be taking a turn for the worse in the Red Sea area.

Chilli nothing.

Us Anthem cruisers are still waiting to see what happens. 

Those Anthem cruises have been on the webpage more this week then other recent weeks. 
Surely it isn’t because of the Voyager cruises going on sale. 

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Chilli i just got the spam email to buy drinks packages, internet, speciality restaurants, tours etc for Anthem repositioning. 

This was the virgin ships itinerary,I think you can expect something like it.

I have the voyager repositioning through the Suez Canal booked and we have a plan B ready. At the moment we are going to fly home from Dubai but if it goes around the bottom of Africa ,We will fly home from Cape Town .

IMG_1273.thumb.png.5eedf3383f563220efbcd6b636c12cdf.png

10 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Lol, it seems using other cruiselines as examples are required in this the thread after all.

:classic_tongue:

Well it’s the best example I can find because Royal Caribbean hasn’t diverted around the bottom of Africa I can find.

• Haha 1

@Chiliburn Regarding Africa, Royal Caribbean's Ultimate World Cruise has changed course (sailing May/June 2024). Previously: 

• 18 nights Dubai to Athens via Suez Canal
  • 11 nights Athens to Istanbul
  • 13 nights Istanbul to Ravenna

Now:

• 18 nights Dubai to Cape Town
  • 24 nights Cape Town to Ravenna

The revised UWC itinerary as at 1 March was:rci-uwc-2024-serenade-africa-dubai-to-ravenna.thumb.gif.2dcad7a92db3354506a0cf28cd926c48.gif

Since then, the UWC has switched Ivory Coast with a second port in Ghana due to strict visa and vaccine requirements. Ghana requires visas for all guests and all onboard must be vaccinated against yellow fever (even if not getting off the ship).  I am not sure that Anthem or Voyager would call at Ghana and Ivory Coast because of this.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

This was the virgin ships itinerary,I think you can expect something like it.

I have the voyager repositioning through the Suez Canal booked and we have a plan B ready. At the moment we are going to fly home from Dubai but if it goes around the bottom of Africa ,We will fly home from Cape Town .

IMG_1273.thumb.png.5eedf3383f563220efbcd6b636c12cdf.png

I agree chilli. . Voyager should have been coming to Oz on something similar via Cape Town and Fremantle. 
But by the sounds of it the Singapore to Brisbane sector has seen heaps of cabins sold.and I cannot see that changing while Voyager is still the ship for Brisbane. 
But good luck Royal to change things in a hurry for your Voyager repositioning. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Lol, it seems using other cruiselines as examples are required in this the thread after all.

:classic_tongue:

Better than going ape about it!!

We have quite a few friends on Virgin at present, and they are having a great time. They are however, quite a bit out of pocket after not being reimbursed for out-of-pocket cancellation of tours. It would have been much worse if they had only been doing part of the trip and disembarking in Singapore or Dubai. Any cancelled flights weren't compensated. I am sure Royal would be much better, but it will be hard to commit money to flights while it is all so uncertain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Better than going ape about it!!

We have quite a few friends on Virgin at present, and they are having a great time. They are however, quite a bit out of pocket after not being reimbursed for out-of-pocket cancellation of tours. It would have been much worse if they had only been doing part of the trip and disembarking in Singapore or Dubai. Any cancelled flights weren't compensated. I am sure Royal would be much better, but it will be hard to commit money to flights while it is all so uncertain.

Quiet a few airlines now offer refunds,which was a surprise to me .

Im looking at Singapore airlines to Germany and they offer cancellation upto 24 hours before departure ,with only $250 penalty.