Viking April Sale

gate73

Based on the amount of snail mail and e-mail I get from Viking, they have a sale on something pretty much every single day of every single year. 😜

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, DrKoob said:

Based on the amount of snail mail and e-mail I get from Viking, they have a sale on something pretty much every single day of every single year. 😜

Yeah, it's not a monthly sale, more like a weekly sale. Or daily. Now that we have internet I suppose they can be hourly.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Torquato said:

lol. We’ll be embarking the Octantis on Wednesday.

Bon voyage! My first Viking was Octantis.

One thing is predictable. Anything could happen, but in the past, Viking has very politely maintained each special offer until the last calendar day of the month. Sometimes they get extended, sometimes not.

Availability in each stateroom category is also very helpfully displayed.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Question- when former passengers get the letter and it says there will be a $1000 reduction from the printed fare, is that the crossed out original fare or the new fare available to anyone? Waiting to hear back from our booking agent.

Edited by Nodakboiler
mistake

2 hours ago, Nodakboiler said:

Question- when former passengers get the letter and it says there will be a $1000 reduction from the printed fare, is that the crossed out original fare or the new fare available to anyone? Waiting to hear back from our booking agent.

Just asked this of our TA and Viking.  In our case the $1000 would be $500 pp.  It was the same deduction as the listed cross out price on the web site.   Not sure what the big deal on the sale was except perhaps $400 past guest discount.  Note - that was for the March equivalent sale.  Perhaps April is different if they didn't get enough takers.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Just asked this of our TA and Viking.  In our case the $1000 would be $500 pp.  It was the same deduction as the listed cross out price on the web site.   Not sure what the big deal on the sale was except perhaps $400 past guest discount.  Note - that was for the March equivalent sale.  Perhaps April is different if they didn't get enough takers.

April’s future guest promo is the same as March‘s. This week we booked Iceland’s Majestic Landscapes cruise and the agent ran the numbers with the future guest promotion and the ESE24 promotion. The latter was a far better deal.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

We contacted our Viking TA for a 2026 sailing under one of the April promotions that was advertising savings up to $1,000 per couple and a past guest loyalty discount of $400 per couple.  The savings were on top of the pricing that was on the website (ie, they were on top of the savings for the reduced / crossed out prices). 

So for easy math, if the published fare on the website was crossed out and reduced by $1,000 per person -- total savings were $3,400 ($1,000 website reduction x 2 people, or $2,000 total + $1,000 promotion for two  + $400 past guest loyalty for two).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

April’s future guest promo is the same as March‘s. This week we booked Iceland’s Majestic Landscapes cruise and the agent ran the numbers with the future guest promotion and the ESE24 promotion. The latter was a far better deal.

When do you go?

(Note - we also got a better deal with ESE24 than future guest promo)

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

When do you go?

August. It will be our first visit to Iceland and Norway. We also booked the train from Bergen to Oslo.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1

Have been playing with the 36 day Grand Fjords & Iconic Viking Shores from NY to Amsterdam which can also be booked as B2B2B (NY - Iceland, Iceland - Bergen & Bergen - Amsterdam).  Price difference between  36 night booking vs 3 smaller ones is only about $1k.  If I book it as b2b2b do you think they will give me booking discount + past guest for each leg?

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

When do you go?

Besides Iceland and Norway, it also includes the Faroe Islands. Just found 700 Danish Krone from our 2019 Copenhagen adventure. I envision a shopping spree for that port call.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Have been playing with the 36 day Grand Fjords & Iconic Viking Shores from NY to Amsterdam which can also be booked as B2B2B (NY - Iceland, Iceland - Bergen & Bergen - Amsterdam).  Price difference between  36 night booking vs 3 smaller ones is only about $1k.  If I book it as b2b2b do you think they will give me booking discount + past guest for each leg?

I believe Viking will tell you that it's a "butterfly" cruise and insist upon lumping them together.