Regent orders 2 new ships - deliveries in 2026 and 2029.

On 5/7/2024 at 8:23 PM, Bruce61 said:

On the Explorer class ships, Sette Mari only uses half of La Veranda.  If they wanted to use the balance of the space as a casual dining spot they could do so.

They desperately need a casual dinner option that's not Sette Mari. Maybe a Compass Rose "lite" section. I'm sure the passenger capacity has something to do with it not being cost-efficient to do this. 

• Like 1

The two new ships will have a fourth reservation only restaurant; it will be an Italian restaurant.  La Veranda will be open each evening as a casual buffet restaurant with both indoor and outdoor seating.  

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

The two new ships will have a fourth reservation only restaurant; it will be an Italian restaurant.  La Veranda will be open each evening as a casual buffet restaurant with both indoor and outdoor seating.  

Curious if they will expand that to explorer class ships and have the current la veranda be an Italian venue with the same menus as the new ships and then open the other side for casual buffet.

1 hour ago, Lonedaddy said:

Curious if they will expand that to explorer class ships and have the current la veranda be an Italian venue with the same menus as the new ships and then open the other side for casual buffet.

Mariner has a very long drydock late next year and a new restaurant is in the plans.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Mariner has a very long drydock late next year and a new restaurant is in the plans.

Splendor will be in dry dock next year at this time. Hoping for a new venue for that too; I’d be happy with a different menu in the unused part of La Veranda (and pool deck seats) in the evening.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

Splendor will be in dry dock next year at this time. Hoping for a new venue for that too; I’d be happy with a different menu in the unused part of La Veranda (and pool deck seats) in the evening.

Splendor has 10 days in April that could be a small drydock and 7 days in June that looks like a charter - I don't see a long drydock scheduled.

Just now, Pcardad said:

Splendor has 10 days in April that could be a small drydock and 7 days in June that looks like a charter - I don't see a long drydock scheduled.

Maybe it’s a small dry dock then. We were told on Grandeur two weeks ago during the future cruises presentation that it’d be in dry dock a year from then. 

2 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

Maybe it’s a small dry dock then. We were told on Grandeur two weeks ago during the future cruises presentation that it’d be in dry dock a year from then. 

April 8 to April 20.

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Source of these comments?

14 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

Source of these comments?

The only source so far is "unofficial comments from crew/staff/employees" and probably will not be attributed. I can't speak for anyone else but I try extremely hard to only post things that come to be. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Regent already has Setta Mari, and the food and service is terrible. We have rarely eaten there, and never enjoyed it. We tried it once again on our last cruse in April. It was not enjoyable, and we would never again eat at any Italian restaurant on Regent. And we have no interest in a casual buffet restaurant at dinner.

Since Regent doesn't do Italian well, having a reservation only restaurant is something that will make us not book the new cruise ships. There's no chance we'll book either of the 2 new ships in the future.

We're starting to see Regent more and more as a cruise line that is moving away from our interests, and with the price increasing more and more, I think we'll be looking elsewhere after our B2B cruises on Mariner next August.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, SWFLAOK said:

Regent already has Setta Mari, and the food and service is terrible. We have rarely eaten there, and never enjoyed it. We tried it once again on our last cruse in April. It was not enjoyable, and we would never again eat at any Italian restaurant on Regent. And we have no interest in a casual buffet restaurant at dinner.

Since Regent doesn't do Italian well, having a reservation only restaurant is something that will make us not book the new cruise ships. There's no chance we'll book either of the 2 new ships in the future.

We're starting to see Regent more and more as a cruise line that is moving away from our interests, and with the price increasing more and more, I think we'll be looking elsewhere after our B2B cruises on Mariner next August.

The plural of anecdote is not data. You do know that many people have wonderful meals there with polished service, no? How about just saying it's not the kind of Italian that you like?

Enjoy your search for a cruise like that more suits your needs. 

Edited by GMIAC
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

The plural of anecdote is not data. You do know that many people have wonderful meals there with polished service, no? How about just saying it's not the kind of Italian that you like?

Enjoy your search for a cruise like that more suits your needs. 

Actually, Splendor, Explorer and Grandeur will match our needs, and will most likely cost less than the new ships. And I'm happy to know that you and many others love the type of Italian food, and the service in Setta Mari, since that will mean fewer people in Compass Rose where we almost always dine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWFLAOK said:

Actually, Splendor, Explorer and Grandeur will match our needs, and will most likely cost less than the new ships. And I'm happy to know that you and many others love the type of Italian food, and the service in Setta Mari, since that will mean fewer people in Compass Rose where we almost always dine.

The variety of human experience is wonderful. We have not eaten in CR in our last 6 cruises. 

• Like 1

Well:  To put a lighter note on the last few Posts:  

As Mark Twain opined:  A difference of opinion is what makes for a horse race--and missionaries.  

GOARMY!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GOARMY said:

Well:  To put a lighter note on the last few Posts:  

As Mark Twain opined:  A difference of opinion is what makes for a horse race--and missionaries.  

GOARMY!

And unfortunately wars 

As far as new resteraunt concept it would be nice if regent had a resturaunt like salt with regional dishes based on the region the ship is in.  One of my big beefs about cruising your are in all these diverse places but unless you eat on shore you are missing out.  Imhop.

• Like 6

Will Regent be employing additional chefs, wait staff & sommeliers to cover these additional venues ?

We like choice but not at the expense of attentive service 🤔

3 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

As far as new resteraunt concept it would be nice if regent had a resturaunt like salt with regional dishes based on the region the ship is in.  One of my big beefs about cruising your are in all these diverse places but unless you eat on shore you are missing out.  Imhop.

We have had many Destination Dishes in CR as well as P7 on the current World Cruise.  Excellent choices for regions we were/are in.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2024 at 9:23 PM, Bruce61 said:

On the Explorer class ships, Sette Mari only uses half of La Veranda.  If they wanted to use the balance of the space as a casual dining spot they could do so.

I suspect it would be a difficult thing to do as Sette Mari uses the kitchen and it would require a number of additional crew members to both cook as well as serve.  I think that's the real reason they did away with the Pool Grill being open for dinner.  Not enough use to justify the crew necessary. 

4 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

I suspect it would be a difficult thing to do as Sette Mari uses the kitchen and it would require a number of additional crew members to both cook as well as serve.  I think that's the real reason they did away with the Pool Grill being open for dinner.  Not enough use to justify the crew necessary. 

That plus they put on 4 extra crew and had to put them in 2 guest staterooms...loss of revenue.

• Like 1