Stockperks App Not Needed for OBC

On 4/9/2024 at 11:47 AM, johnk24 said:

That's what i thought as well.  Some other posted "It's way too much work" than the app.  Really?  So, emailing two docs instead of downloading the app, in which you agree to all of the apps intrusive terms,  and then uploading those same docs is "much easier"?  And then you get that app track you and get all of your data to sell to the highest bidder, even if you uninstall it at a later date.  Don't think so.  And if you were ever a victim of a serious ID Theft, like me,  you wouldn't use any app if you had an easy workaround.  

princess is selling your data regardless. how is it any different if princess outsources someone else to do it when you apply via email?

there's no difference. don't apply if you're so concerned. the app you can uninstall or give it no permissions. no difference if you're emailing pdf of your account with account number redacted to pricness or into the app. at least with the app, you don't have to give a new statement each time 

On 4/9/2024 at 1:12 PM, johnk24 said:

Yes, and you can do nothing about that data that they get - the booking number, name, etc.  That is not the data I am worried about.  When you have an app on your smartphone, any app at all, you are the product.  That app is harvesting analytical data about you - your location, how long your are there, what email servers you use, who your contacts are, what pictures you take, what you buy, what other apps you use, all sorts of stuff that is none of their business.  They then sell that data to the highest bidder, people that use it for marketing, insurance purposes, investigations, etc.  You agree to these terms, many of them hidden in legalese,  when you download the app.  Many of them claim not to do this, but how many times has Zuckberg or Google been exposed for the same, even when they said they are not!  Best to avoid any app unless absolutely necessary IMO.

do you not understand how permissions work on apps (and you can disable any/all) or just uninstall it after you submit? you don't neeed to keep the app installed. apps are sandboxed 

28 minutes ago, gilboman said:

don't apply if you're so concerned

Why should I not apply for OBC if there is a simple app workaround?  That is the whole point of this thread.  You trust apps to do what they say, I do not, regardless of device permissions.  BTW, I am not a neophyte on this subject. Now, good day.

Pretty easy to do.  I uploaded my statement last fall, waited a few days for it to process, redeemed my perk.  That was the most difficult part of it.  Two days ago I booked another cruise.  That night I went into Stockperks, entered the booking number and a couple of other fields and submitted.  No new brokerage statement was required.  And within 24 hours the OBC was displayed on our booking.  So much easier than the old fax / email process.

I was a big fan of Stockperks, coming from the UK we could never get our applications processed through benefits@princesscruises.co.uk outside of the 90 day window before a cruise.

The new App seemed simple and effective, the first couple of times I was impressed with the service and was happy that it was offering to process shareholder benefit further in advance, up to 31/12/2024 at present. 

Unfortunately it has not gone smoothly with the latest application.

I have been trying since the 24th March, but as per some of the other contributors of the thread I started to receive messages such as “Invalidated - Earmark full” ?

To Stockperks credit they did E-Mail and stated it was their issue and they would  fix it.   This did not happen, over a number of weeks I have repeatedly tried to get the perk applied.  The last submittal I tried was April 04th, the usual service agreement level of 5 days was quoted, but this did not happen.  I used the app multiple times to contact them but they never responded.

Last night I got fed up, so sent An E-Mail to the UK Princess E-Mail.  I stated that this was not acceptable and this contract company was spoiling Princess reputation.

I had a reply from Princess Cruise Benefits within hours, apologising but stating that it was run by the US and asked me to persevere and contact them directly again at Carnivalcorp@stockperks.com.

They also said if it was within 90 days they would be able to apply it for me directly.

A positive end to this long story, I forwarded on their E -Mail reply and had the share benefits applied within hours.

8 minutes ago, BobandLizM said:

I was a big fan of Stockperks, coming from the UK we could never get our applications processed through benefits@princesscruises.co.uk outside of the 90 day window before a cruise.

That’s odd. We got ours within 24 hours of applying via the U.K. email address the other week, and we don’t sail until 10 August.

Not even paid the final balance yet either!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Esprit said:

That’s odd. We got ours within 24 hours of applying via the U.K. email address the other week, and we don’t sail until 10 August.

Not even paid the final balance yet either!

I guess I have been unlucky!  Never mind, all good now.

On 4/9/2024 at 5:56 PM, olegna said:

Stockperks app will NOT accept embarkation day. 

Email requesting me to confirm via app. 

Still trying

Why aren't these apps quality tested

I'm Having same problem. What's up with that ??