Children on Cunard sailings

artvlay

We are contemplating taking a QM2 14 night Caribbean sailing March 15, 2025.

We normally book Celebrity and Royal Caribbean and will do everything possible to never sail with large numbers of children again.

We love kids but it seems that once a family board a ship they let their children run wild. I know that this is an exaggeration but passengers shouldn't be subjected to unsupervised kids when on a relaxing vacation.

We have been on four QM2 crossings and never had problems with kids on these sailings but wanted the opinions of the cruise critic brethren on a March Caribbean sailing.

Thank you.

• Like 2

We are on that cruise and done many QE2 and QM2 in the spring in the past to the Caribbean and never saw that many like Easter and President Weekend.

Also many are still in school till the next school release time.

It is also pleasant time to sail to these 7 islands that attracted us from many past sailing.

Would welcome you on board.

I never have had any issues with kids running wild with Cunard- different Story with Royal- but there it is something one suspects- they are more built for family´s than any ship of Cunard. The kids are not to blame- it´s the parents who are responsible - which has to do with the different upbringing - some parents really should " run a tighter ship " with their kids- but thats it is not a topic for CC- lol.

• Like 2

Children on Cunard all seem to be having an excellent time in their facilities, but rarely impinge on adult life. With one exception, all the ones I have encountered have behaved beautifully. And many seem to enjoy dressing up for dinner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

We are on that cruise and done many QE2 and QM2 in the spring in the past to the Caribbean and never saw that many like Easter and President Weekend.

Also many are still in school till the next school release time.

It is also pleasant time to sail to these 7 islands that attracted us from many past sailing.

Would welcome you on board.

Brooklynboy, we are sold and will be joining you for the March 15 cruise.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, artvlay said:

Most school Spring breaks have concluded by March 15 anyway and Easter is later in April. Few worries…

Posted (edited)

Even if there are some children onboard, I'm willing to bet money that they will not affect your enjoyment. In my humble experience, adult-oriented / upscale cruise lines tend to attract a significantly smaller amount of children, and those who do travel on these lines, tend to be well traveled and more aware of social etiquette and behavior. 

Even if you're traveling during spring break (which extends into the first week of April in many jurisdictions), you will not encounter the hordes of unattended children terrorizing other passengers that you can find on family-oriented lines like Royal, Carnival, etc. 

Our most recent experience sailing on an adult-oriented cruise line during Spring Break was on Holland America to the Caribbean. According to the kids program counselors, there were around 100 kids onboard (out of 2,500) passengers. They were basically invisible. The only times you'd see kids, they'd be with their parents, and always well behaved. It was actually a pleasure to travel with them. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, artvlay said:

Dear Maria and Marshall,

Welcome on board as of your booking. Being already Cunarders with TA experience you know what you are in store for. Elegant good time. 

I would not really worry about the children subject during our sailing. Just think about the good times and all the beautiful tropical scenes we all will be enjoying. I personally will be thinking about losing some lbs. to enjoy the cuisine and fit in the Tux.

BTW......there is a Roll Call started you are very welcomed to join if you wish...

Edited by BklynBoy8