Shareholder benefits

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

I’m confused.  It says it cannot be combined with any other offer.  So, if you already have some obc, is it worthless?

I suggest that you go ahead and request it anyway, as soon as you have made the initial deposit.  I have never had it turned down.  I have "other offers" on most of my bookings, and also the shareholder benefit.  For some I have added the recent Black Friday offer after the shareholder benefit was in place, and the shareholder OBC did not go away.  I'm not sure if I could have added the shareholder benefit afterwards, because I have not tried that.

Where I have had difficulty is with the Amex OBC offer, which seems to be incompatible with other things more often than not:  consortium OBC offers (generally for the same amount), Regent offers, etc.  The Amex OBC will go away if you add an incompatible offer after the initial booking.

Edited by SusieQft

My TA arranged a special several thousand dollar savings on a cruise I had already booked. Price was some kind of special offered through a few agencies but not offered on the RSSC website or to the general public. I lost shareholder onboard credit, onboard booking benefit and Amex Platinum...total of about $800 in onboard credit. Probably first time I have boarded a ship with zero onboard credit. Savings on cruise fare was so good I did not care.

The shareholder OBC does not conflict with Amex.  Some of Regent's special offers do, though.  I think I lost an Amex credit with the Black Friday special.  Often my TA's consortium offers an OBC in the same amount as the Amex, and I can have one or the other, but not both.

8 hours ago, SusieQft said:

The shareholder OBC does not conflict with Amex.  Some of Regent's special offers do, though.  I think I lost an Amex credit with the Black Friday special.  Often my TA's consortium offers an OBC in the same amount as the Amex, and I can have one or the other, but not both.

Oddly I booked on the Grandeur under the Black Friday Sale in Nov and got the $1k in OBC, plus my TA got me the $300 AMEX OBC.  I'd love to apply for the shareholder OBC too but am I bit afraid I'll lose one or both of the above.   First time on Regent so I've no context here.