4-11-24 Thursday Weigh-In Are We Really Trying To Lose Weight?

Are we working hard at losing

Or is the weather bringing us down

Know it's spring but weather like winter

Does it want you/us to cozy down and eat more

What suggestions do you have to eat better and lose weight

Plan meals ahead, when cooking make double batches or more to have food on hand

to have healthy snacks, have no snacks, Have veggies or jello in the fridge for an

easy grab instead of cookies or candy

What are your ideas. Ones you do or ideas you think would be good to try

Hope to see you all weighing, I'm still on the cruise but coming to an end to fast.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Good Morning Belle - Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

I am down this week 1.6# and am down for they year 3.4#  I will take it - not really trying to eat healthy.  I think that it is because I have finally been able to stop taking steroids --- so am happy about that.  At least this time they did not make me insulin dependent .... I do have a doctor's appointment this morning though.  The Bell's Palsy is not getting any better .... I am hoping that it changes soon.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.  On Saturday we go and visit with our new puppy (yellow lab) and in about a month she can come home!!!.  Jan

Edited by Jan_In_Maine
  • Like 1

Hello Belle and Jan,

I am SO sorry your trip is coming to an end Belle.  Do you have another one in the que?

Jan I am so sorry for your health problems.  Steroids make me want to gnaw on window trim.  I hope your puppy visit is as much fun as it sounds.  

I am up a pound this week.  I know it is because I am not getting enough sleep and have found myself stress munching.  My trainer is out of town (on a cruise, no less) and I only went to the gym once and didn't do as well on my own.  Tomorrow we meet with our employees and I am handing off some of my responsibilities to the gal who is going to be taking over the company when we retire in the fall of 2025.  I keep thinking I see light at the end of the tunnel, but it never feels like it gets any closer.  I do best when I can have time to cook.  I shop and buy good food that is healthy but if I don't have time to cook it, then we eat soup or sandwiches.  That's not very satisfying and it makes me want to ...."medicate".with sweets.  

I love fruit and I try to keep plenty at the house for a quick snack (and sometimes for breakfast with yogurt and granola).  I've been trying to stick to intermittent fasting and when I am religious about it, I do well.  The stress thing makes the evenings difficult and I learned the hard way this week about long zoom meetings when I haven't had coffee yet.  Last night was a very, very late work night so tonight, I hope to get to bed early.  Need to get my beauty rest for tomorrows big meeting!

Teri

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Belle, enjoy the remainder of your cruise! And to answer your question, apparently my answer this week is NO, because I gained about 2 lbs. I ate out at Mexican restaurants 3 days in a row...I ordered salads with grilled chicken, but those darn chips n salsa get me every time. 😐 So my plan, which I have done better with the past 3 days, is to not eat out as much (although I do have a lunch date tomorrow with a friend who I only see about twice a year now...yep, at a Mexican restaurant which was her choice!), and to not keep any kind of chips in the house. We grilled up chicken, marinated turkey breast, and salmon this week, which has made for healthier meals. So hopefully the scales will move the other way next week.

Good for you Jan, that's a nice loss! I hope the BP improves soon 🙏. And how exciting to get to visit with your new puppy! Have you chosen a name for her yet?

Teri, wow your schedule and workload sounds so stressful! I am sure it will be worth it all in the end. I do intermittent fasting too, and it usually works well for me...as you said, when I follow it religiously. 

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Terri

Edited by JustUs275
  • Like 1