New to princess

Posted (edited)

Hello fellow cruisers!   I am new to princess.  Not sure what I need to do with dining or pre cruise reservations.  I also tried to download the medallion app but it does not come up in my apple app search. Any help is appreciated!

Edited by tunisbridal
Misspelling

Welcome! The Medallion app has been replaced by the newer Princess app - try that. Seems that, along with the new app, you can now only make dinner reservations once your cruise is paid in full. At least that’s how it was for me last time I checked. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tunisbridal said:

Hello fellow cruisers!   I am new to princess.  Not sure what I need to do with dining or pre cruise reservations.  I also tried to download the medallion app but it does not come up in my apple app search. Any help is appreciated!

Responded to you in New Princess App thread.

Go to App search:

search Princess Cruises

2nd one down.  Click on Get.

Also, from cruise personalizer on the Princess website.  Check in, you’ll see a Google or Apple link to download the App.

Welcome to the Princess Forum.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tunisbridal said:

Welcome!

A suggestion is to enjoy reading previous threads on here to learn everything you could want to know about cruising on Princess.

As a timesaver tip, only read the first 3 posts under each thread for the answers, All the following posts on a thread is a waste of time 🙂 

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AZjohn said:

Welcome!

A suggestion is to enjoy reading previous threads on here to learn everything you could want to know about cruising on Princess.

As a timesaver tip, only read the first 3 posts under each thread for the answers, All the following posts on a thread is a waste of time 🙂 

Cheers

And, you are post #5 in this thread.  I guess we should ignore it since it’s “a waste of time”.  Perhaps you should rethink your advice.  lol

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

And, you are post #5 in this thread.  I guess we should ignore it since it’s “a waste of time”.  Perhaps you should rethink your advice.  lol

Oh I know its chatter at this point🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Perfecto

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

Welcome! The Medallion app has been replaced by the newer Princess app - try that. Seems that, along with the new app, you can now only make dinner reservations once your cruise is paid in full. At least that’s how it was for me last time I checked. 

Our cruise is end of August so not paid in full but I have made dinner reservations for the whole cruise on the app.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Our cruise is end of August so not paid in full but I have made dinner reservations for the whole cruise on the app.

Are you Platinum or Elite level?  At these levels you can reserve dining as soon as you book.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, sandancer said:

No, it’s only our 3rd Princess cruise. I can’t think why but maybe it’s a UK thing. 

I’m told the policy changed in February.  I made my reservations before final payment. But under the old rules in January.

16 hours ago, sandancer said:

No, it’s only our 3rd Princess cruise. I can’t think why but maybe it’s a UK thing. 

do you have a mini suite or better that allows it aswell

Same thing happened to me.  We booked a 2026 cruise in January 2024.  The app let me make MDR reservations for every night.  Now, when I look, it will not allow me to make dining reservations until I pay in full as I am not Platinum, Elite or in a full suite or Club Class mini suite.  However, my reservations that I made in January are still there.

2 hours ago, JordanF said:

Same thing happened to me.  We booked a 2026 cruise in January 2024.  The app let me make MDR reservations for every night.  Now, when I look, it will not allow me to make dining reservations until I pay in full as I am not Platinum, Elite or in a full suite or Club Class mini suite.  However, my reservations that I made in January are still there.

This is because they changed the rule in February. And they allowed those of us who made reservations prior to the change to keep them.

22 hours ago, sandancer said:

Check your account, you may be a higher level than you think as cruises with P&O up to 2017 contributed to Princess loyalty. This is how we got to Elite and we booked for the restaurant last year for our Sept 2024 cruise.

On 4/11/2024 at 11:31 AM, sandancer said:

I was able to do it for a US-based cruise and I have never been on a Princess cruise ever. However, I can't do it now.

Therefore, I think @BamaVol is correct. There was this brief window after the new app was released where it would let you but that window appears to be closed.

• Like 1