Favorite late night snack on or off a cruise

lenquixote66

CHEESE!!!

usually just a hunk or slice, maybe with salami or pepperoni.

Other times, I'll dress it up slightly like making a simplified Kase mit musik or cheese with music.

I'll slice whatever cheese I'm eating and drizzle generously with balsamic vinegar and hit it with slat and pepper.  It's a German recipe that usually includes raw onion, caraway and maybe mustard. If I make during the day, I'll add all that but not at night.

on the ship, it's usually pizza.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I used to enjoy the late night buffets on P & O during the early 90s. That's decades back and we only returned to cruising recently. That's been with Oceania which doesnt have late evening food except room service (you don't want a meal at that time, so no use). 

My late night snack at home would, most usually, be cereal. Muesli with yoghurt is a favourite.

Edited by Harters

Nothing for me. I take a medication and the timing for the evening dose is dependent on my last bite of food. If I eat something late? I have to wait at least 90 minutes to take the pills. If the ship is having an "evening culinary event" I normally always pass it up.

The price I pay for keeping me in remission.

• 2 weeks later...

If I haven't gotten my late night fix of pizza on the ship, I order chili or a burger from room service while dh watches the news and then go to bed right after I'm done