London Day Pass

shofer

We are thinking about cancelling our UK cruise and just spend several days in London.  I have used the London Day Pass before but DH & I were really amateurs and did not use it correctly.  Wondering if you have to make a reservation for Westminster Abbey or if you have the pass, just go to the head of the line?   I know we skipped the ticket shop at Tower of London and had a tour with the guards/guides.  Our time was limited (this was 2018) because of needing to board our cruise ship.  

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Can I assume you have viewed the website ?  if not I think this is maybe the one you are

thinking of  - I believe there are others, but I am not local to London.

https://londonpass.com/en

It is useful as it gives ideas to use a 1,2, or 3 day pass ( if you have the stamina !!)

It also shows the  entry fees for the attractions so  you can decide if it is better value to do

where you want separately or buy the pass.   London can be tiring!

From a quick look at Westminster Abbey and your specific question:

https://londonpass.com/en/london-attractions/westminster-abbey

Getting in

Enter via the North Green, which runs between the Abbey and Broad Sanctuary. Before entering the Abbey, you will pass through security/bag check. On busy days, it might be necessary to continue queuing after security. Your passes will be scanned and validated at a ticket booth inside the Abbey and you will be issued with a paper ticket as proof of admission.

Please note

• Pass customers do not need to pre-book but admission to the Abbey is always subject to availability. At busy times, you might be asked to wait for the next available time slot.

For more information, please visit the Westminster Abbey website.

Just returned from a cruise where we spent 3 nights in London prior to our cruise. You do need to do a lot of planning and make sure you group what you want to do to cut down on travel time. We saved a bundle but we hit the ground running upon our arrival. Left Toronto Wednesday night and arrived in London 10:30 am.  Took the Elizabeth line and jubilee tube line to the hotel. Luckily a room was available if not they would have held our luggage. Headed to Westminster Abby waited in a small line to get in. Walked to Buckingham palace to enter the Queens Gallery. Next morning went to the Tower Of London then London Bridge experience (informative and fun but we love haunted houses so the trip to the dungeons was great) then to tower bridge and the engine room quick lunch at borough market at 6:00 pm did the Jack the Ripper tour. Last day Kensington Palace rode the Uber boat on the Thames from one end to the other then up the Shard. Was well with it for us was glad our first day on the cruise was a sea day 

Thanks for all the info.  DH & I spent way too much time riding the HOHO bus.  It was the first nice (weather) day after 2 wks and London was mobbed.  We did get to the Tower of London and the whole experience was very nice.  Saw the Crown Jewels and had nice conversation with a Beefeater.  We did the London Eye but we were still jet-lagged.  It was a Friday night and of course every restaurant had lines.  We ended up eating Fish & Chips (yummy!) in the hotel snack bar with a beer and that put us right to bed.  The next day we walked to the Victoria Coach station and got on the National Express Bus to our ship in Southampton.