Booked to eat in Beach House on Britannia. Paid less than stated price.

MDav123

Booked for the Saturday evening 27th April on Norwegian Cruise. In the various time slots available they quoted £9.20 for that evening but when it came to paying only had to pay £7.60.

Bit confused as to why the figure paid is less than quoted price.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MDav123 said:

Booked for the Saturday evening 27th April on Norwegian Cruise. In the various time slots available they quoted £9.20 for that evening but when it came to paying only had to pay £7.60.

Bit confused as to why the figure paid is less than quoted price.

Loyalty discount possibly? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MDav123 said:

This is my first cruise and loyalty discount is showing as zero.

Not sure if you get a discount for booking in advance then? 

Just checked my personaliser and also showing £9.20 for that evening. 

Andy 

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Not sure if you get a discount for booking in advance then? 

Just checked my personaliser and also showing £9.20 for that evening. 

Andy 

Yes, that may be the case

• Like 1

If it is showing as £9.20 online, then that is a typo; the full price should be £9.50.

But, as @happy v correctly states, you get 20% discount for pre-booking, hence £7.60.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TigerB said:

If it is showing as £9.20 online, then that is a typo; the full price should be £9.50.

But, as @happy v correctly states, you get 20% discount for pre-booking, hence £7.60.

Thank you, it's a lot of typos, every night shows £9.20.

I assume the 20% does not apply to the Limelight? We got our loyalty discount but nothing else. 

Screenshot_20240412_072726.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TigerB said:

We only paid £9.20 on our recent Iona cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

I assume the 20% does not apply to the Limelight? We got our loyalty discount but nothing else. 

I got 20% off limelight by pre-booking, as well as loyalty discount. It’s not obvious there’s a discount, same as the drink packages but they are cheaper than booking on board.

The limelight prices vary depending on the act, some are dearer than others.

• Like 1

I know the OP is querying the Beach House but worth mentioning that when pre booking Sindhu you pay a £10 pp deposit. When you get the bill there will be a 20% discount taken off in line with other restaurants you are able to pre book. Definitely worth booking Epicurean in advance as it is £30 pp on board (that is if you can get in). 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

If you pre-book the Beach House do you pay when you finish the meal or does it come off your bank/credit card before you go 

Editing - also Limelight Club as I have always booked as soon as we board so it can come off our OBC . Did I need to wait until I board?

Edited by amajaa

4 minutes ago, amajaa said:

If you pre-book the Beach House do you pay when you finish the meal or does it come off your bank/credit card before you go 

I would say after your meal as it depends on what you eat.

2 minutes ago, emam said:

I would say after your meal as it depends on what you eat.

You pay the discounted price upfront.  Any additional charges when you dine are applied to your onboard account.

There are some items on the Beach House menu that carry a supplement and you will be charged for those at the time. If you eat from the standard menu then then the cover charge is all you will pay and that will have been charged to your cc in advance. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Screenshot_20240412_072726.jpg

A discount also applies to Limelight, Andy; or at least it did.  It wasn't exactly 20% though, it was rounded to the nearest pound. As I recall when we booked it once, the price quoted online was £22 each, and onboard it was £28.

The price of £9.20 shown for Beach House is strange; the OP paid £7.60, which is 80% of £9.50, and it was that price on Iona in February.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

We only paid £9.20 on our recent Iona cruise.

That's strange as on our February cruise it was £9.50 onboard.  As I replied to Andy, the OP paid £7.60, which is 80% of £9.50.

You've had me second guessing myself, so I've just checked our credit card statement, which confirms the full price was £9.50; we paid £7.03, which is 20% off that, and then the Peninsular discount applied.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sandancer said:

There are some items on the Beach House menu that carry a supplement and you will be charged for those at the time. If you eat from the standard menu then then the cover charge is all you will pay and that will have been charged to your cc in advance. 

Thank you for the information regarding both Sindu and The Beach House.  Can I ask if a pre booking (made with CC) can be cancelled once on the ship, or if a date/time can be changed, subject to availability obviously?  If it can be cancelled, is the cost refunded to your CC, or to your on board account?

Yes, it can be cancelled and it will be refunded to the cc on file. However, cancellations within 24 hours carry a £10pp cancellation fee. Someone posted that they had been charged the full £10 for the Beach House even though they didn’t pay that much. They will allow changes once on board but tend to tell you what time rather than allow you to choose. Understandable as they can only fill empty slots. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Yes, it can be cancelled and it will be refunded to the cc on file. However, cancellations within 24 hours carry a £10pp cancellation fee. Someone posted that they had been charged the full £10 for the Beach House even though they didn’t pay that much. They will allow changes once on board but tend to tell you what time rather than allow you to choose. Understandable as they can only fill empty slots. 

Beach house availability is interesting, we booked on board and could only get an 8:15 slot. I kept checking,  on the app that isn't, but no luck, so went to the beach house desk one lunchtime to see if I could go earliet, and the answer was,  "of course what time would you like, is 7:00 OK, certainly sir". 

So always best to talk to a human.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Beach house availability is interesting, we booked on board and could only get an 8:15 slot. I kept checking,  on the app that isn't, but no luck, so went to the beach house desk one lunchtime to see if I could go earliet, and the answer was,  "of course what time would you like, is 7:00 OK, certainly sir". 

So always best to talk to a human.

I've found that too with the app/non-app, not just with Beach House either. Politeness and a smile with an actual human goes a long way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tring said:

Thank you for the information regarding both Sindu and The Beach House.  Can I ask if a pre booking (made with CC) can be cancelled once on the ship, or if a date/time can be changed, subject to availability obviously?  If it can be cancelled, is the cost refunded to your CC, or to your on board account?

In my experience if you want to change the time/date of a booking once on board you will need to cancel and rebook (subject to availability). You will get a refund to your card on the advance payment made but then have to pay full onboard price (less any Penisular benefit) 

Posted (edited)

Definitely Tiger. On Iona in March a guest was trying to book the Olive Grove and was kicking off big time because he would not accept that there were no tables available and he refused to book in advance. He got nowhere and I am certain the staff would have been much more accommodating if he had not raised his voice. By the time he left the queue was about 10 deep with people who had booked. 

Edited by sandancer
  • Like 2