Booked to eat in Beach House on Britannia. Paid less than stated price.

MDav123

1 hour ago, waddle said:

In my experience if you want to change the time/date of a booking once on board you will need to cancel and rebook (subject to availability). You will get a refund to your card on the advance payment made but then have to pay full onboard price (less any Penisular benefit) 

This definitely wasn't the case for us

If you have a booking from home you can transfer it without any further action.

If you cancel the money goes back on your credit card. If you book onboard you don't pay a deposit. Pay after you have eaten.

1 hour ago, happy v said:

This definitely wasn't the case for us

If you have a booking from home you can transfer it without any further action.

If you cancel the money goes back on your credit card. If you book onboard you don't pay a deposit. Pay after you have eaten.

In our case one guest dropped out so we changed from a table of 5 to 4, definitely told we had to cancel and rebook. Guess in those circumstances they treat it differently 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leomins said:

I got 20% off limelight by pre-booking, as well as loyalty discount. It’s not obvious there’s a discount, same as the drink packages but they are cheaper than booking on board.

The limelight prices vary depending on the act, some are dearer than others.

We are seeing Ray Quinn, the advertised price is £35.

We got our little bit of loyalty discount, but definitely not 20% as well. 

Other passengers on our cruise seem to be paying £28, (£35-20%) so not sure why we have paid more? 

Andy

20 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We are seeing Ray Quinn, the advertised price is £35.

We got our little bit of loyalty discount, but definitely not 20% as well. 

Other passengers on our cruise seem to be paying £28, (£35-20%) so not sure why we have paid more? 

Andy

We saw a West End singer whose name escapes me shamefully. He was only £25, we were charged £20. So with the loyalty discount on top, it was a bargain night out. That was in January, hopefully it hasn’t changed since then.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

For all speciality restaurants that are bookable pre cruise and Limelight Club you get 20% discount for pre booking and then applicable Peninsular Club if you have any.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 1

Just now, majortom10 said:

For all speciality restaurants that are bookable pre cruise and Limelight Club you get 30% discount for pre booking and then applicable Peninsular Club if you have any.

Sadly, we only got our loyalty discount, nothing else. 

Andy 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, MDav123 said:

Booked for the Saturday evening 27th April on Norwegian Cruise. In the various time slots available they quoted £9.20 for that evening but when it came to paying only had to pay £7.60.

Bit confused as to why the figure paid is less than quoted price.

When you book Speciality restaurants online you automatically get a 20% discount off.

Any peninsular loyalty discount also comes off additionally when booking online.

Most of the food is included in this Cover charge in the Beach house but some items have an additional supplement to this price and you pay this on your sea pass account.

Edited by grapau27

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Sadly, we only got our loyalty discount, nothing else. 

Andy 

I think you have been overcharged. If it isn't fully booked I would cancel and book again. If it is, give them a ring

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, happy v said:

I think you have been overcharged. If it isn't fully booked I would cancel and book again. If it is, give them a ring

I will give them a call when I get a bit of time... 

It seems like we are not the only ones on our cruise, some have got the discount and others haven't. 

Andy 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I will give them a call when I get a bit of time... 

It seems like we are not the only ones on our cruise, some have got the discount and others haven't. 

Andy 

Beach house cover charge has 20% deducted on line Andy.

Good luck in getting it sorted.

Online for Sindhu you pay £10pp less loyalty discount.

Every food item is individually charged and the £20 comes off your total bill less 20% discount when paying your bill.

Epicurean is £30 less 20% online and your loyalty discount is taken off too.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Beach house cover charge has 20% deducted on line Andy.

Good luck in getting it sorted.

Online for Sindhu you pay £10pp.

Every food item is individually charged and the £20 comes off your total bill less 20% discount when paying your bill.

Epicurean is £30 less 20% online and your loyalty discount is taken off too.

When I book on Sunday I had better get the discount or I will do some name dropping.......Graham.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, zap99 said:

When I book on Sunday I had better get the discount or I will do some name dropping.......Graham.🤣

Our last 3 cruises November 2023, January 2024 and March 2024 have all been on Iona John.

35 nights in total all but 1 in the speciality restaurants.

I believe you are on Arvia John so I will be interested how the speciality restaurants are on there.

I hope you and Gail have a wonderful time.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Our last 3 cruises November 2023, January 2024 and March 2024 have all been on Iona John.

35 nights in total all but 1 in the speciality restaurants.

I believe you are on Arvia John so I will be interested how the speciality restaurants are on there.

I hope you and Gail have a wonderful time.

Thanks Graham. We have booked all the Headliners shows and should be able to book some restaurants on Sunday. We plan eating in the MDR about half the time,epicurian first week, beach house on formal nights as we won't be dressing formally, Keel& Cow and play the rest by ear. There seems to be plenty of options so will try some at Lunch time.

• Like 3

Update from P&O... 

They say they have NEVER offered 20%discount for pre booking the Limelight... Only ever loyalty discount. 

That's fine, we are happy to pay what we paid, but didn't want to feel cheated. 

According to P&O, all you people who claim to have received this discount, to quote P&O, 'must be confused'... 😂

Andy 

• Haha 6

51 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Booking is open already but I didn’t get 20% only peninsular.

Got 20% on beach house and Epicurian. The proper price for Epicurian is £35, but we paid £28 less loyalty discount. We booked everything we wanted except Beach House on the first formal night. It's greyed out, possibly due to the chefs table pinching the waiters/space. Will book Keel and Cow for that night. Got what we wanted for most evenings. Left some gaps as a bit of spontaneity don't hurt.

• Like 2

Update from P&O... 

They say they have NEVER offered 20%discount for pre booking the Limelight... Only ever loyalty discount. 

According to P&O, all you people who claim to have received this discount, to quote P&O, 'must be confused'... 😂

Andy 

Andy. As per normal I am confused. Limelight was £67.20 for 2 when we booked it just now. I wonder if there is already 20% early booking discount built into that price. £67.20÷0.8÷2=£42 each...maybe..perhaps..Confused.  That's me.🤣

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Andy. As per normal I am confused. Limelight was £67.20 for 2 when we booked it just now. I wonder if there is already 20% early booking discount built into that price. £67.20÷0.8÷2=£42 each...maybe..perhaps..Confused.  That's me.🤣

Yes - that’s what I paid.  £33.60 for one less loyalty. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Screenshot_20240413_131710.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, zap99 said:

That all makes sense, just not what P&O say... 

For £42, I hope Ray Quinn is gonna sit on my knee and serenade me😂

• Haha 3

For £42 I bet you're secretly hoping that will include a bit of twerking while he's sat on you!🤭

I am quite sure that when he was on Iona in February the onboard price was about £36.  So, an increase of almost 17% more or less confirms what I wrote in the other thread about the Assistant F&B manager previously telling me about price increases across the board.

@cuatbar58 quoted Epicurean as now being £35 onboard, that being another price hike of almost 17%.

It will be interesting to hear from those who are onboard now, or cruising in the next few weeks, what the other increases are on food and drinks, and if almost 17% is going to be the standard increase for all items.

• Like 1

It's for the drag person ,La voix. Still hope Andy ??🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TigerB said:

For £42 I bet you're secretly hoping that will include a bit of twerking while he's sat on you!🤭

I am quite sure that when he was on Iona in February the onboard price was about £36.  So, an increase of almost 17% more or less confirms what I wrote in the other thread about the Assistant F&B manager previously telling me about price increases across the board.

@cuatbar58 quoted Epicurean as now being £35 onboard, that being another price hike of almost 17%.

It will be interesting to hear from those who are onboard now, or cruising in the next few weeks, what the other increases are on food and drinks, and if almost 17% is going to be the standard increase for all items.

On in 2 weeks Tiger, so will definitely report back. 

Andy 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Update from P&O... 

Andy 

That is rather unfair on us. Especially as you have received a discount. They just didn't let any of us know the prices had increased.

It seems all you lucky folk are the first to pay them😦

• Like 1