NEW MUSTER DRILL FORMAT?

marti2282

Wonder if this has been implemented on Seashore?

From poster on Seascape 
“MUSTER DRILL - new format, go at any time after boarding to have card scanned, watch video in room at any time, dial 881 from cabin phone and done.”

• Like 6

We did this on the Seascape last month. The only thing that bothered me was that when you called the number, there was no verbal confirmation that you had successfully registered your muster. 

OMG! They cannot make this change fleet-wide fast enough! This was one of my few gripes about MSC. I could not understand why their process was so convoluted when all the other lines had a much more streamlined process post-restart.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Ed342 said:

That was the procedure on the Merivglia last November.

I was on the Meraviglia for Halloween and they were still making us watch the video in our room, dial the number, then get called down to our muster station by deck... all at a set time. So, if that changed on the Meraviglia, it must have changed VERY shortly thereafter.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I was on the Meraviglia for Halloween and they were still making us watch the video in our room, dial the number, then get called down to our muster station by deck... all at a set time. So, if that changed on the Meraviglia, it must have changed VERY shortly thereafter.

We were on Mera for the Nov 19 sailing, and it hadn’t changed.

On 4/12/2024 at 3:10 PM, JamieLogical said:

What you describe was the process I experienced on Meraviglia last month.

As much as the new way seems much easier, the old way is more realistic in an emergency.  Everyone will be going all at once if there truly was an emergency.  Hopefully it never happens🙏.  All these ships nowadays are so huge I’m sure it would be absolute pandemonium if there was an actual emergency, “abandon ship”.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

All these ships nowadays are so huge I’m sure it would be absolute pandemonium if there was an actual emergency, “abandon ship”.

So,So. true.

Costa Concordia the crew were assigned to life rafts, only 2 life rafts were launched, so the crew took the passengers places on the life boats and 1000 passengers were left on the ship.

Captain Michael Llyod  https://www.tiktok.com/@cruiseshipbook/video/7216419541537099014

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

So,So. true.

Costa Concordia the crew were assigned to life rafts, only 2 life rafts were launched, so the crew took the passengers places on the life boats and 1000 passengers were left on the ship.

Captain Michael Llyod  https://www.tiktok.com/@cruiseshipbook/video/7216419541537099014

Yes that was such a terrible event.  The captain on the Concordia was my Safety Officer when I worked on the Costa Atlantica in 2002.  I remember him being somewhat lackadaisical about safety procedures back then.  You really need to pay attention to where ALL the lifeboats/liferafts  are located because in an emergency it’s most likely an “every man/woman/child for themselves scenario”.

3 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Always take the muster drill seriously.  Your life could depend on it!

A friend that played piano on board told us to always count the steps to the nearest escape stairway in the event of no lights in an emergency.

• Like 1

Just now, morpheusofthesea said:

A friend that played piano on board told us to always count the steps to the nearest escape stairway in the event of no lights in an emergency.

That is excellent advice.  I’m going to remember that for our next cruise.

Seashore currently:  watch video in cabin, call the specified number, then report IN MASS to your assembly station.   It's all fine up until everyone is stepping over everyone to get to their station, at which place they scan your card and you leave.  Hopefully they will make the change to individual reporting soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1