NCL Spirit: Meals & cuisines at the Garden Cafe buffet

Hi all,

This is probably a long shot, might not be the right place to post this either. But I thought I'd try my luck.

I recently sailed on NCL Spirit between Sydney and Auckland, and most mealtimes I'd eat at the buffet. Party because if I had evening plans then it was convenient to get my food and eat at my own pace, but also because I liked trying the different cuisines being served during dinner time in particular. I tried lots of different foods and would like to compile them all in one place so I can have a look for similar recipes online. I think a lot of the meals were different countries variations on relatively common meals, but I thought it would be interesting to see how it compares by region and country.

I know they usually served burgers, salad, bread etc every day at the buffet, but I'm talking about the occasions when they served one meal for just one or two days during the voyage.

Some of the meals that I recall are:

Beef casserole (I believe either Caribbean or Mexican)

Mexican nacho pizza 

Pork curry

Vegetable curry

Korean BBQ beef

If anyone has been on NCL Spirit; or other NCL ships in general for that matter, and tried any particularly memorable dishes from the buffet, feel free to contribute to this thread.

Thanks

I remember once they had a Paella night.  It was soooo disappointing to see everyone took all the shrimp and sausage.  was just left with rice and chicken, and peas.  If there are a lot of a certain nationality ( like a huge group), they will make something from their home country for the buffet.  Im not fond of the Traditional English buffett.  Lots of meats, swimming gravy.  And dont get me started on the Bangers.

Posted (edited)

I had good General Tso's chicken on the Spirit (old going from Sydney to Aukland).  I went back for a second serving, and it was gone/replaced by something else.

Edited by itsnotjustme

We were just on.  I liked the carving stations.  The PHO like soup was excellent at lunch.  Pasta station was good.  Salad station was pretty weak.  Breads were not great all the time.  At breakfast they had special K plus a lot of different granolas and bran.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jean87510 said:

We were just on.  I liked the carving stations.  The PHO like soup was excellent at lunch.  Pasta station was good.  Salad station was pretty weak.  Breads were not great all the time.  At breakfast they had special K plus a lot of different granolas and bran.  

I wonder if some of that has to where they are provisioning from.