Free specialty dining question - can we combine our two meals to one meal for family of 4

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Sure looks like that lady in the picture is getting ready to share with the guy.

We regularly share a dessert. We both have the dining package but one dessert between us is enough.

As so often on CC, this discussion has got rather confused. The OP asked whether they can turn up at a restaurant and get the two free at sea meals given to guests one and two used for one meal for four. Only if someone is extremely lucky will that be allowed (I don’t think I have ever heard of people being successful there).

What people are now largely talking about is a group sharing two of those meals to spread amongst more people. That can happen, especially in places like Food Republic, but you are likely to be sharing food that would have been served to two people amongst four.

30 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

As so often on CC, this discussion has got rather confused. The OP asked whether they can turn up at a restaurant and get the two free at sea meals given to guests one and two used for one meal for four. Only if someone is extremely lucky will that be allowed (I don’t think I have ever heard of people being successful there).

actually, the OP asked if they could use all four of their credits (two each for guest one and two) in one meal for 4 people, which is never allowed.  but you're right, it morphed into sharing the meals (not the credits) amongst the 4 people.  I was laughing earlier thinking that if my wife asked if she could try some of my meal because it looks good, I'd have to tell her no, it's not allowed 🙂  (according to some of the posters here on cc)

1 minute ago, dbrown84 said:

actually, the OP asked if they could use all four of their credits (two each for guest one and two) in one meal for 4 people

I probably didn’t word it well, but that’s what I was trying to say. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

we still talking about cookies 🙂 

wow.  I don't know what is funnier....the joke I was trying to make or the fact that I was replying to the wrong thread.  LOL (I was thinking I was responding to the cookies thread)

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

actually, the OP asked if they could use all four of their credits (two each for guest one and two) in one meal for 4 people, which is never allowed.  but you're right, it morphed into sharing the meals (not the credits) amongst the 4 people.  I was laughing earlier thinking that if my wife asked if she could try some of my meal because it looks good, I'd have to tell her no, it's not allowed 🙂  (according to some of the posters here on cc)

No it didn't.  You simply misconstrued what people were saying. 

2 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

No it didn't.  You simply misconstrued what people were saying. 

actually, yes it did.  I believe you're the one misconstruing words

thank you to all responses! we have 3 adults 1 kid. So sounds like the best plan for all 4 of us would be to use 2 credits, let the kid order from kids menu for free, and let the remaining adult to order something light on the menu and share with the other two adults. 

btw off topic, I was just able to switch my club balcony room to balcony room 8138 (which I believe is the secret cabin with huge balcony) for $200 less. Yay!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baobaokitty said:

thank you to all responses! we have 3 adults 1 kid. So sounds like the best plan for all 4 of us would be to use 2 credits, let the kid order from kids menu for free, and let the remaining adult to order something light on the menu and share with the other two adults. 

btw off topic, I was just able to switch my club balcony room to balcony room 8138 (which I believe is the secret cabin with huge balcony) for $200 less. Yay!

That’s an interesting step down for not a lot of gain. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, zqvol said:

That’s an interesting step down for not a lot of gain. 

I read that 8718/8738 on the breakaway has huge balconies that fit two lounges and two regular chairs. would come in handy for our group of 4. While the club balcony are just regular balcony rooms with a bigger bathroom. Figured I would opt for the big balcony

Last slide has a great comparison view

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1_863Qda8PkJ0AZoyY65t8bC0C4eR4Og2SkH931zNdLU/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000&pli=1&slide=id.gd43adb57_2_0

Edited by Baobaokitty

If the balcony room you have moved to has a large balcony (and it was just a standard club balcony room you had originally - not a large balcony room) then I think that’s a good deal. Standard balcony sizes on the Breakaway are tiny.

8 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

If the balcony room you have moved to has a large balcony (and it was just a standard club balcony room you had originally - not a large balcony room) then I think that’s a good deal. Standard balcony sizes on the Breakaway are tiny.

Yes we origially had a standard club balcony. The new stateroom we chose are the "secret" rooms with standard balcony rates but at least twice size balcony that fits two loungers and two chairs. So I heard. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Just a minor thing, but you do get more than two latitudes vouchers if there are more than two people in the room who quality.

I stand corrected.  We have never had more than two Platinum or above on one cabin.