RIP Captain Carr

Posted (edited)

Many of you will remember Captain Charlie Carr who retired around 2015. Sadly, he passed earlier this month.

His last full time ship was Ventura before he was promoted to Fleet Captain. As Fleet Captain he popped up on random ships, shared his knowledge and covered for other captains who were unexpected unavailable.

He regularly travelled with his wife "Mrs Captain" and both would be seen around the ship chatting with passengers.

As he sets off on his travels in the sky, I imagine he will "put another twist in the big elastic band" and suggest he "pours himself a G&T".

RIP Captain

Edited by molecrochip
  • Like 12

That's such sad news, loved sailing with the legend that will always be Captain Charlie Carr.

I remember queueing for the Beach House on Ventura and being given a buzzer. Captain Carr walked up with some guests and my husband jokingly said to the maitre d "I hope you're going to give him a buzzer too"!!! 

They did!!! 🤣

We all sat outside and had a good laugh about it!!!

RIP Captain Carr and thank you for many happy memories of sailing with you.

• Like 2

If I'm not mistaken he had a good teacher - Mike Carr (no relation). Caused no end of confusion when one (Mike) was Captain and the other (Charlie) Deputy Captain were on Oriana.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Many of you will remember Captain Charlie Carr who retired around 2015. Sadly, he passed earlier this month.

His last full time ship was Ventura before he was promoted to Fleet Captain. As Fleet Captain he popped up on random ships, shared his knowledge and covered for other captains who were unexpected unavailable.

He regularly travelled with his wife "Mrs Captain" and both would be seen around the ship chatting with passengers.

As he sets off on his travels in the sky, I imagine he will "put another twist in the big elastic band" and suggest he "pours himself a G&T".

RIP Captain

Thank you @molecrochip for letting us know.

Condolences to his dear wife and their family and friends.

• Like 4