Aft Facing Balcony Cabins on Journey

LewiLewi

My son and DIL are thinking of joining me on a fall cruise on Journey. There is availability of an aft facing balcony cabin on deck 6. Question: Is it a noisy cabin; a lot of vibration, engine noise, etc.? All day at sea or only when ship is coming into or leaving a port?

15 minutes ago, LewiLewi said:

My son and DIL are thinking of joining me on a fall cruise on Journey. There is availability of an aft facing balcony cabin on deck 6. Question: Is it a noisy cabin; a lot of vibration, engine noise, etc.? All day at sea or only when ship is coming into or leaving a port?

I stayed in one of those cabins quite a few years ago on deck 6.  It would be what is now labeled a P1.  They cost more $$ now because they are popular and they were relabeled and come with some extra perks such as one night sprecialty restaurant dining, some liquor in the cabin, etc.

The views from the aft are great. it is a solid balcony…not see through.  There is vibration when underway (if going at say 17 or 18 knots),and  in high seas.  There is some engine noise when docking and leaving port.  It was not bothersome to us, but it might be for some.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LewiLewi said:

I've stayed in aft facing cabins a few times on Azamara and my answer on the vibration is it depends. If the ship is doing more than say 17 knots there is a lot of vibration, but then your itinerary may not call for that speed. However it wouldn't put me off and any vibration is going to be temporary if at all. Deck 6 has the deepest balconies of the aft facing cabins compared to deck 7 (less deep) and deck 8 (the least deep). 

Phil 

• Like 3