Radiance - when do I find out dinner themes?

Sailing to Alaska in July. Is there still a Captain's Night, dress your best nights? Any way to find out in advance which nights these are? I had read about "themes" on other nights (ugh not my thing) so we might book specialty dining but I haven't been able to find out which nights are which. 

8 hours ago, surgie said:

Any way to find out in advance which nights these are?

Wait till the first sailing of the season similar to yours and then set the app to that sailing (not yours). The info in the app should be pretty accurate and be similar to what you’ll experience in July. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, surgie said:

Sailing to Alaska in July. Is there still a Captain's Night, dress your best nights? Any way to find out in advance which nights these are? I had read about "themes" on other nights (ugh not my thing) so we might book specialty dining but I haven't been able to find out which nights are which. 

7 nights?  "Formal" nights, such as they are, should be 2 & 6, with 6 being the night they serve a lobster tail.

• Like 1

Alaska sailings are a lot less formal that Caribbean sailings. There will be people in the dining room wearing jeans and flannel shirts. There might be some people in formal attire. You are not obligated to wear formal attire. You will be allowed to enter the dining room wearing almost anything. As for the other "themes", my guess is that about 10% of passengers are even aware that there is a theme for any given night.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, surgie said:

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Wait till the first sailing of the season similar to yours and then set the app to that sailing (not yours). The info in the app should be pretty accurate and be similar to what you’ll experience in July. 

My cruise is 6/21 (Southbound) and most of the menus are already available in the app-

Fri-Welcome aboard, Sat-French, Mon-Italian, Wed-Caribbean

Edited by ngrund
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ngrund said:

My cruise is 6/21 (Southbound) and most of the menus are already available in the app

Those menus are the default for most 7-night sailings - it may or may not be what actually is offered on board. The app info becomes the most accurate (and complete) when set to the current sailing. Subsequent sailings usually follow that pattern on the same sailings.

• Like 1