Pre booking Epicurean

kevboy

Hello. My cruise personaliser is saying that the Epicurean can be booked 120 days before the cruise. Is this correct? I was always under the impression that 3 weeks prior was the case

many thanks, kev

11 minutes ago, kevboy said:

Hello. My cruise personaliser is saying that the Epicurean can be booked 120 days before the cruise. Is this correct? I was always under the impression that 3 weeks prior was the case

many thanks, kev

I think you may need to wait until P&O have sorted their web site to get the full story. The 120 days was being bandied about all over facecloth yesterday but some people who had phoned P&O because they couldn't book the restaurants were being told that this was an error caused by the site faults and it was actually still 14/15 days and that those that has booked well in advance would be cancelled?. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, kevboy said:

many thanks, kev

I booked this morning for our end of May/June cruise and had the confirmation email. My dining bookings are showing on My Cruise itinerary page too.

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, kevboy said:

many thanks, kev

Definitely wasn’t 120 days but yesterday mine was able to book and we were at 60 days yesterday. I had looked a couple of days before but nothing was available..

1 minute ago, alpha whiskey said:

I was offered to book yesterday, but was busy, so took a look today and it's reverted to 'coming soon'

That's for Iona in June

Anyone else having problems today?

Still lots of problems reported on some of the P&O facecloth groups. Some people seem to be booking OK well in advance and others getting the usual "coming soon" message.

It is similar for people trying to book online, working for some not for others. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, alpha whiskey said:

I was offered to book yesterday, but was busy, so took a look today and it's reverted to 'coming soon'

That's for Iona in June

Anyone else having problems today?

I managed to book the Limelight for June on Iona. It remains to be seen if it gets cancelled but I understand from elsewhere that P&O are honouring those that managed to book. 🤞

1 minute ago, Angel57 said:

I managed to book the Limelight for June on Iona. It remains to be seen if it gets cancelled but I understand from elsewhere that P&O are honouring those that managed to book. 🤞

The P&O email does say that bookings will be honoured. This seems to be the fairest way to deal with it as it was the P&O system fault that allowed it. I would imagine that the phones have been red hot which has probably pushed them to send the email. I did see a couple of posts on facecloth where people had reported that they were told that bookings made beyond the 14/15 day window would be cancelled, which probably caused the phones to get even hotter.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

The P&O email does say that bookings will be honoured. This seems to be the fairest way to deal with it as it was the P&O system fault that allowed it. I would imagine that the phones have been red hot which has probably pushed them to send the email. I did see a couple of posts on facecloth where people had reported that they were told that bookings made beyond the 14/15 day window would be cancelled, which probably caused the phones to get even hotter.

I didn’t get the original email but saw it on social media. No doubt the phone system also crashed at some point 🤣🤣

• Like 1

We must be part of the lucky ones as we have booked all what we wanted on Arvia in 26 days time. I think it all went haywire about 2/3 hours after our booking.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I think you may need to wait until P&O have sorted their web site to get the full story. The 120 days was being bandied about all over facecloth yesterday but some people who had phoned P&O because they couldn't book the restaurants were being told that this was an error caused by the site faults and it was actually still 14/15 days and that those that has booked well in advance would be cancelled?. 

I got an email from P&O stating that would honor any bookings people were able to make, even if their cruise is more than 14 days away.

9 hours ago, daiB said:

We must be part of the lucky ones as we have booked all what we wanted on Arvia in 26 days time. I think it all went haywire about 2/3 hours after our booking.

I managed to book some on Monday evening for our July cruise but it wasn't pretty with many failed attempts, they are still showing as booked so hopefully they are not cancelled.

7 hours ago, roomba920 said:

I got an email from P&O stating that would honor any bookings people were able to make, even if their cruise is more than 14 days away.

We got that too. It doesn't affect us but there was much ado on facecloth with people threatening to cancel cruises as they couldn't get booked but other people on their cruise groups had. I can understand that they are not happy but threatening to cancel the cruise seemed a bit dramatic, especially when it was pointed out that there was no guarantee that they would have got booked anyway.

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We got that too. It doesn't affect us but there was much ado on facecloth with people threatening to cancel cruises as they couldn't get booked but other people on their cruise groups had. I can understand that they are not happy but threatening to cancel the cruise seemed a bit dramatic, especially when it was pointed out that there was no guarantee that they would have got booked anyway.

I managed to book some yesterday on CP but that now shows 'Coming Soon". Haven't had an email to say they will be honoured so hope the bookings are OK - should be as I have paid for them

3 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

I managed to book some yesterday on CP but that now shows 'Coming Soon". Haven't had an email to say they will be honoured so hope the bookings are OK - should be as I have paid for them

Lots of people have had the email so I don't think P&O would want to reverse that decision now, especially as they would have to return monies paid. It does make me wonder why people were told that bookings would be cancelled by customer services unless it was a consideration. Enjoy your meals.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I booked for several visits to Epicurean and other specialty restaurants for our July cruise when I saw the 120 day thing: having found previously for busy cruises the slots seem to be booked up. And I see it is now back to the normal “coming soon”. Thankfully they still appear as booked on the personaliser, credit card has been charged and when I emailed P&O to check the bookings are definitely in place they confirmed: and with surprising speed. 

• Like 1