Details about the premium Wi-Fi that comes in the retreat

Octavias

I am checking through our reservations and noticed that the details about our booking have disappeared from our TA website.  I’ve called them and they’ve emailed me a confirmation that included a list of what comes in our booking in the retreat, however, I think it used to say “2 devices” in regards to the Wi-Fi and now it doesn’t specify.  When I look at the cruise planner, to buy premium Wi-Fi it says one device.  When I read through the retreat info on Celebrities website, it also, does not specify. 

does anyone know the details around the included Wi-Fi in the retreat? 

It should be one logon per person. Two total logons. Each logon can support one device at a time, but there's no limit on how many devices can be used.

What level of suite are you in? At one time I vaguely believe I recall some of the higher suites having two devices per logon. Not true in a Sky Suite, for instance.

There are levels, even in the Retreat...

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, markeb said:

It should be one logon per person. Two total logons. Each logon can support one device at a time, but there's no limit on how many devices can be used.

What level of suite are you in? At one time I vaguely believe I recall some of the higher suites having two devices per logon. Not true in a Sky Suite, for instance.

There are levels, even in the Retreat...

We are in a sky suite.  We bought our cruise a year ago though and a lot has changed in that time. 

2 hours ago, Octavias said:

does anyone know the details around the included Wi-Fi in the retreat? 

It depends on which class of Suite you have.  In the upper suites you get Premium WiFi for two devices per guest.  In the lower suites it is Premium WiFi for one Device per person. 

Pay no attention to what is being offered for sale in the Cruise  Planner as it does not take into consideration that you already have Premium WiFi due to being in a Suite. 

With a one device per person, you log in and create an account that is associated with your WiFi account.  You can use that account on any device to log into the WiFi but only one device at a time.  Anyone that has the userID and password can use any device with the WiFi account. 

Our Celebrity account is in my name and we are in a SS.  WAe each have Premium WiFi. Does my husband need to create a separate account so he can have the Premium WiFi on his Device or can we do both from one account?  Tried looking on Celebrity site but could not find an answer.

6 minutes ago, 8mma said:

Our Celebrity account is in my name and we are in a SS.  WAe each have Premium WiFi. Does my husband need to create a separate account so he can have the Premium WiFi on his Device or can we do both from one account?  Tried looking on Celebrity site but could not find an answer.

When you check in, you’ll have instructions to create an account for each passenger. You can do both from one account, but that defeats the purpose of having two logons. Very simple and straightforward. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, 8mma said:

So you are saying we CAN do it from one account but should do it from two because on having two logons?

Yes. With two logons  you can both be online at the same time. That's what you're paying for (even if it was included in the Retreat package). 

To be clear, you CANNOT both be online at the same time sharing a logon.

Edited by markeb

7 minutes ago, markeb said:

Yes. With two logons  you can both be online at the same time. That's what you're paying for (even if it was included in the Retreat package). 

To be clear, you CANNOT both be online at the same time sharing a logon.

That's the information I needed.  My husband will get his own account.  

Thank you so much!

4 hours ago, billc23 said:

FWIW, 4 devices per guest for the first 2 guests in an upper suite. 

Not quite  In an upper suite it is actually 4 devices for each and every guest in the suite. So if 4 guests in suite the 16 devices!!!

• Like 1

I thought I remembered reading it was 2 devices for us in our sky suite, but now all mention of how many devices has been removed from the description.  We did buy this a year ago and they’ve made a lot of changes to what sky suite guests get in that time. 

4 hours ago, groryjm said:

Not quite  In an upper suite it is actually 4 devices for each and every guest in the suite. So if 4 guests in suite the 16 devices!!!

Recharging all at once could be a measurable draw on ship's power...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, groryjm said:

Thanks for the correction. We travel as only 2 per room so that was my data point.

t

9 hours ago, Octavias said:

I thought I remembered reading it was 2 devices for us in our sky suite, but now all mention of how many devices has been removed from the description.  We did buy this a year ago and they’ve made a lot of changes to what sky suite guests get in that time. 

Regardless of changes, as far as WiFi goes, you will get what you paid for a year ago, as did we on our recent cruise.

Gratuities were removed on bookings made after 4 October (if I remember the month correctly).

Butlers were removed from Sky Suites and are in the process of being reinstated, although it seems there are less than before.

Although you will still have the Premium Drink Package included, drink packages have been recently devalued, with several of the most popular wines moved above their previous package.

• Like 1