Early Saver Price Protection Question

mjayp

Posted (edited)

I submitted an early saver fare reduction request for a fare that was available last Friday.  The form says that Carnival will respond within 2 business days, (during which time the fare was still available).  Carnival didn't get around to acting on this until the third business day (Wednesday), by which time the fare had gone up..  This (higher) fare is the one that I was given.  Any advice on who I can contact to petition for that lower fare that I should have received if Carnival had acted according to their guidelines?  I've tried calling the customer service number but nobody seems to know how to resolve.

Edited by mjayp
  • Like 1

I always take a screenshot of the lower price. That way I have evidence. Calling the customer service number at Carnival is a waste of time. If you have a PVP you could text or email that would be beneficial. Otherwise, wait for it to drop again and submit it again. 

• Like 5

This won't help your current situation but I have always called my PVP (or for the last several years, my TA) to get price adjustments taken care of immediately.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mz-s said:

This won't help your current situation but I have always called my PVP (or for the last several years, my TA) to get price adjustments taken care of immediately.

Unfortunately, my PVP suggested that I just submit the form online!  

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, mjayp said:

If your PVP wouldn't do that for you, it's time for you to find a new PVP. A text/email to your PVP and that should have been taken care of right away.

Edited by teknoge3k
typo
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

If your PVP wouldn't do that for you, it's time for you to find a new PVP. A text/email to your PVP and that should have been taken care of right away.

Exactly. I've never been told to fill out that form when I had a PVP or TA. They have always taken care of it for me on the spot.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Exactly. I've never been told to fill out that form when I had a PVP or TA. They have always taken care of it for me on the spot.

Yep. In fact my PVP once 'yelled' at me (we're actual friends) saying 'that's what I'm here for'.

• Like 4

i always call for price drops because you never know if you need to make an additional payment. if you book when they was a reduce deposit and the reprice does not have that then you need to submit a payment so your booking has the correct full deposit 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mjayp said:

Get a new PVP.  Seriously.  He or she is not doing their job if that's what they told you to do.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, mikayla73 said:

What do you do to get a new PVP?

https://www.carnival.com/personal-vacation-planners.aspx

That may just trigger a call from your current PVP though.

You may need to ask for recommendations on other sites (can't recommend them here) then call the new PVP you want to go with and ask that they take over your file.