Princess Website Cruise Search: No longer filter for number of guests

18 minutes ago, adoris said:

IMG_5764.jpeg

Was that today?  That’s the pull-down option that’s missing from my search.  (I just checked on my iPad, it’s still missing on my screen.)

may I ask which Victoria you are from?  It could be that there’s a glitch or something when doing the search from the US, but not other countries.

15 minutes ago, BDevilCruiser said:

Was that today?  That’s the pull-down option that’s missing from my search.  (I just checked on my iPad, it’s still missing on my screen.)

may I ask which Victoria you are from?  It could be that there’s a glitch or something when doing the search from the US, but not other countries.

Taken just before I posted it.

from Victoria, British Columbia

I’m confused as to why it matters. If you see a cruise you might be interested in, you click on it and at that point (if not before) you select the number of people. Why would it matter at which point in the search that selection is made?  

16 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

I’m confused as to why it matters. If you see a cruise you might be interested in, you click on it and at that point (if not before) you select the number of people. Why would it matter at which point in the search that selection is made?  

Because some cruises have no or low single supplement. Now it takes 10 or 15 hours to find them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

I’m canadian too but I just can’t believe the canadian website is different. I hate to ask but are you sure you are computer literate?

I thought the same thing, because I saw the ability to filter by number of guests yesterday and every day before. It simply is not there today.

The OP is talking about doing a cruise search, the follow-up screen shots are showing selecting number of passengers once a cruise is selected. I just noticed the same thing, since I've searched Princess cruises easily in the past by a drop-down selection for number of passengers. That made it easy to find cruises with reduced single supplements, such as one on Sapphire this May for $260 or so, and for N/S Alaska ones that are under $600. Now I can't do that, which is a slap in the face to solo cruisers, just as is Celebrity/Royal charging solo passengers more than twice the double-occupancy rate.  I had 4 Mexico cruises booked with Princess, but instead I'm going with studio cabins on Quantum of the Seas, and 11 nights on Zaandam for the same price as 7 on Discovery, with 2000 fewer passengers. HAL has also implemented a really solo-friendly option, a $49/nt standby program with no single supplement, so I went in January for $350 and was given a last-minute deluxe suite. I'm Elite on Princess and they were my main cruise line after restart, but I just see better value and experience elsewhere now. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I’m canadian too but I just can’t believe the canadian website is different. I hate to ask but are you sure you are computer literate?

Well, started by programming an HP 2000 mainframe in high school in 1977.  Although, much different experience than programming web pages in the 21st Century.  Or, more specifically, using them

i can’t tell but does the web page for those in Canada (and the New Zealand person who responded earlier) show prices in your native currency?  If so (and I’m assuming that’s the case) then there must be a country code built in the code. (It’s certainly the way I’d program it.). Doesn’t explain why this option wouldn’t be shown in the US, though.

one thing I haven’t done yet is contact Princess to ask why this is happening.  I’ll do that later when their customer service is open.

Edited by BDevilCruiser

3 hours ago, BDevilCruiser said:

Well, started by programming an HP 2000 mainframe in high school in 1977.  Although, much different experience than programming web pages in the 21st Century.  Or, more specifically, using them

i can’t tell but does the web page for those in Canada (and the New Zealand person who responded earlier) show prices in your native currency?  If so (and I’m assuming that’s the case) then there must be a country code built in the code. (It’s certainly the way I’d program it.). Doesn’t explain why this option wouldn’t be shown in the US, though.

one thing I haven’t done yet is contact Princess to ask why this is happening.  I’ll do that later when their customer service is open.

Yes, we see the prices in Canadian funds, which is a blessing and a curse as our exchange rate is about 1.35. The sticker shock is real, especially if you started by searching on an American website, and then switched to the Princess website.

11 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

It matters a lot! The number of guests can impact the price so if you want to sort by price, doing so with the default of two guests is not an accurate reflection of prices. Some sailings have lower solo supplements. Having to click into every single sailing to find out what the solo price is would be incredibly tedious and time-consuming. It's the same reason other filters are available. If you were looking for a balcony cabin, wouldn't you want to weed out the sailings where no balconies were available? Wouldn't you want to be able to sort by price for balconies rather than the default of interiors?

• Like 1

Same here I do mass searches sort on price, on TA is all cruises lines.

Then free out the short ones and look for something I like.

Being able to switch to solo rate for the search is very useful.

There was a solo misprice(UK) a few years back that got bargain suite rates on a few cruises 

Also remember if a couple and there is zero solo supliment you can book 2 cabins(eg a balcony with cheap inside opposite) with different experience, if one is a none drinker go standard and the drinker goes plus or  premier.

(Double your Elite bar setup)

It's showing for me on Chrome, on both my laptop and phone. I looked at Australian region cruises and Caribbean cruises so it's not region dependant.

Numberofguestsscreenshot.thumb.JPG.e5e291498b17b838dcbd72c66603aa8e.JPG

19 hours ago, BDevilCruiser said:

Yes, the fares are shown in AUD for me. 

It could be related to that although Princess' country-dependent programming is a bit hit and miss at times (I'm another ex-software developer from way back),

Update Monday morning (EST in the US)

I tried to do an online chat, the AI or actual person (not sure which) told me I needed to call the Princess phone number.  After making it through quite a few menu options, I was quickly connected to an actual person.  After taking my info, and putting me on hold to check with somebody else, she told me that it was a glitch, and I needed to log out and refresh the web page, and if that didn't work, check back in 24 hours to give the technical team time to work on the glitch.

So, no actual resolution of the issue, and I'm not sure she understood the actual problem.  I'll check in again tomorrow.

(Summarizing what we've found previously, the problem is on my PC and iPad using desktop  browsers (my main one is Chrome, and Safari on the iPad, but I've tried Edge and DuckDuckGo as well.)  Using the mobile version of Safari on my iPhone, I do see the "option" pull-down.  On the PC, the options were always at the bottom of the initial search page, or towards the top of the results page (see previous messages for screen captures.)  This appears to be a US-Only issue, as our friends from Canada and Australia have been able to see the "number of guests" option pull-down.)