Pregnancy Question

My pregnant daughter is cruising with me next month and we are looking at booking massages online to take advantage of the discount.  My question, will the Spa give a pregnant woman a massage?

I have searched and can't find an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, we read the policy but it doesn't talk about spa services.  Spa is separately owned so I was wondering if anyone encountered this before.  We want to take advantage of discount of buying prior BUT don't want to find out on the ship that Spa won't do massage treatment on a pregnant woman.

If you have first hand knowledge please respond.

My advice is to wait until onboard. Go to the Ladies Pamper Party, then talk to the manager and book.  This is how I find the best deals and get my questions answered. And I am fairly certain the answer is yes, they will massage a pregnant woman.  

I know this isnt related to pregnancy. But Last cruise we had a couple massage and I was 7 months post open heart bypass surgery. They told me that they wouldn't do the massage if I had anesthesia in the last 6 months. They were very careful with the full body massage and during the first part where they take all the info listened everything that I had done and what I needed and worked around the areas. So what I am thinking is that if there are any concerns its best to talk to the massage therapist directly.

This is the info that I got for my TA site. Hope this helps in some way.

Treatment Restrictions
We want you to have the most enjoyable spa experience possible. Although most of our treatments are suitable for all guests, we recommend that you review the below restrictions to ensure that you do not have a treatment or condition that could prevent you from enjoying the service(s) you selected or cause you discomfort. Once you are onboard the ship, you will also receive a comprehensive consultation from your therapist to identify any areas of concern.

• Facial Treatments: Open cuts and abrasions, skin or eye infections, severe sunburn, conjunctivitis, styes, and severe psoriases on face.
  • Massages: Open cuts, abrasions or acne, hypersensitivity to heat, high blood pressure, recent operations, severe varicose veins, undiagnosed oedema, infectious skin diseases including conditions aggravated by moisture or heat, severe sunburn, chronic or inflamed back conditions, nerve damage, diabetes, pregnancy, auto-immune dysfunction.
  • Detox Wraps / Body: Not recommended if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, have iodine allergies (for certain treatments that use algae and seaweed), skin allergies, liver or renal disorders, cardiac conditions, diabetes, sunburn, epilepsy, varicose veins, thrombosis, metal pins, plates or pacemaker, in cancer remission, or if you are taking strong medications.
  • Hair Services: Infectious scalp conditions, open cuts and abrasions, open psoriasis or eczema.
  • Nail Services: Fungal infections, skin and nail disorders, athlete's foot, verrucae (plantar warts).
  • Fitness Services: If you have any condition that might limit your ability to engage in physical activity, we recommend that you contact your physician before booking these services.
  • Tooth Whitening: You should not have this treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or have any of the following: Hydrogen Peroxide allergy, cracked teeth, unfilled or broken cavities, braces, or asthma.

Carnival Spas are operated in conjunction with OneSpaWorld:

OneSpaWorld
770 South Dixie Highway, Suite 200
Coral Gables, FL 33146

Phone: 855 848-3059
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Babyfin said:

I know this isnt related to pregnancy. But Last cruise we had a couple massage and I was 7 months post open heart bypass surgery. They told me that they wouldn't do the massage if I had anesthesia in the last 6 months. They were very careful with the full body massage and during the first part where they take all the info listened everything that I had done and what I needed and worked around the areas. So what I am thinking is that if there are any concerns its best to talk to the massage therapist directly.

This is the info that I got for my TA site. Hope this helps in some way.

Treatment Restrictions
We want you to have the most enjoyable spa experience possible. Although most of our treatments are suitable for all guests, we recommend that you review the below restrictions to ensure that you do not have a treatment or condition that could prevent you from enjoying the service(s) you selected or cause you discomfort. Once you are onboard the ship, you will also receive a comprehensive consultation from your therapist to identify any areas of concern.

• Facial Treatments: Open cuts and abrasions, skin or eye infections, severe sunburn, conjunctivitis, styes, and severe psoriases on face.
  • Massages: Open cuts, abrasions or acne, hypersensitivity to heat, high blood pressure, recent operations, severe varicose veins, undiagnosed oedema, infectious skin diseases including conditions aggravated by moisture or heat, severe sunburn, chronic or inflamed back conditions, nerve damage, diabetes, pregnancy, auto-immune dysfunction.
  • Detox Wraps / Body: Not recommended if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, have iodine allergies (for certain treatments that use algae and seaweed), skin allergies, liver or renal disorders, cardiac conditions, diabetes, sunburn, epilepsy, varicose veins, thrombosis, metal pins, plates or pacemaker, in cancer remission, or if you are taking strong medications.
  • Hair Services: Infectious scalp conditions, open cuts and abrasions, open psoriasis or eczema.
  • Nail Services: Fungal infections, skin and nail disorders, athlete's foot, verrucae (plantar warts).
  • Fitness Services: If you have any condition that might limit your ability to engage in physical activity, we recommend that you contact your physician before booking these services.
  • Tooth Whitening: You should not have this treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or have any of the following: Hydrogen Peroxide allergy, cracked teeth, unfilled or broken cavities, braces, or asthma.

Carnival Spas are operated in conjunction with OneSpaWorld:

OneSpaWorld
770 South Dixie Highway, Suite 200
Coral Gables, FL 33146

Phone: 855 848-3059

Same here, I was about 6 months post op and they said I couldn't get a massage.   I got a facial instead.

3 hours ago, Babyfin said:

Massages: Open cuts, abrasions or acne, hypersensitivity to heat, high blood pressure, recent operations, severe varicose veins, undiagnosed oedema, infectious skin diseases including conditions aggravated by moisture or heat, severe sunburn, chronic or inflamed back conditions, nerve damage, diabetes, pregnancy, auto-immune dysfunction.

Some of these exclusions are ridiculously conservative. At least a quarter of Carnival passengers (myself included) are probably diabetic, based on what you see at the buffet. Some people's diabetes is controlled with medicine, and not every diabetic has peripheral neuropathy or limbs rotting off. It certainly doesn't stop me from getting massages at home.

3 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Some of these exclusions are ridiculously conservative. At least a quarter of Carnival passengers (myself included) are probably diabetic, based on what you see at the buffet. Some people's diabetes is controlled with medicine, and not every diabetic has peripheral neuropathy or limbs rotting off. It certainly doesn't stop me from getting massages at home.

I 100% agree with you. I was just C&Ping from their site. That is why I said they should talk to the massage therapist directly.