Fort Pierce Hotel?

Hello! Our Cruise out of Port Canaveral doesn’t happen until February, 2025, but I am looking into hotels to stay the night before. Fort Pierce is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from us. This would work out well and then drive the rest of the way to port. Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice hotel in Fort Pierce? Thanks!

Posted (edited)

The Ft Pierce exit is primarily a truck stop, but some mid and low level motel franchises are represented there.

Unless have a particular reason for choosing this exit, I recommend you drive about 15 mins. north and stay in Vero Beach, or 15 mins south, and stay at Port St Lucy.   Both of these exits have nicer lodging and services. 

Have you checked the hotel search engines for customer reviews?  Hotels dot com or Kayak dot com might be a start. 

Edited by EatonDoolittle

Thank you for the advice! I picked Fort Pierce because of its location before getting on I-95. I will certainly look into Vero Beach. I just didn’t know where to start!

Vero Beach (exit 147 or so) has several hotels right at the I-95 / FL 60 interchange. The usual names are represented, and prices are competitive.

If you head eastward, there are a few ocean-front hotels for folks who are into that sort of thing.

I have stayed at the Hampton Fort Pierce twice. Great location near a Cracker Barrel if you like Cracker Barrel and right by I-95 good price great staff it’s no-frills but it’s a decent place to stay for one night.

On 4/22/2024 at 9:10 AM, Beachfrog said:

Thank you for the advice! I picked Fort Pierce because of its location before getting on I-95. I will certainly look into Vero Beach. I just didn’t know where to start!

Vero Beach has lots of trade name hotels that are all fairly nice and right off I-95, unless you want to stay at the beach which is about 8 miles from I-95.  Hotels here are much more expensive, but the area at the beach is beautiful with great restaurants.  Fort Pierce HIE is wonderful, but it was filled with truckers. and I mean FILLED with truckers.  Not a negative.  Not too many places to eat there.  You need to have a car and drive to the beach front.

10 hours ago, Beachfrog said:

We made a reservation at the Comfort Suites Hotel in Vero Beach. Hopefully it’s a good one! 

Off topic, but possibly essential information - there is an outlet mall at that exit, just in case you need one more outfit for the cruise...

• Like 1