Who do you like for a Canada/New England cruise & Why?

maggiev

4 friends are starting the process of booking a 7 night Canada New England cruise in October 2025.

We are 71-58, 1 non drinker, & 3 casual. We are active but not stay up all night @ the dance club girls. We like being active but also love hanging out playing games & cards.  Our previous weekends included Flight 93 Memorial, Ohio Amish Country, Laurel Caverns, craft shows & wineries. 
Due to some still working  7 night, round trip is required.  
Any thoughts on which line does it right, on a good ship?

We have all sailed but no one is tied to a certain ship/line

Insight from those who have been would be appreciated.  

If you could do a 9 nighter I would say RCI Liberty out of Cape Liberty. This is one of our favorites and have already booked for Oct 2025.

Princess does regular 7 night Canada/New England sailing from Brooklyn.  They start in late August and go to late October.  Last October we did their 7 night Canada/New England cruise on the Emerald Princess.  We chose this one for its:

• Convenience - It was round trip from Brooklyn and we can get a ride to the port. 
  • Itinerary - It had 5 port stops

We really enjoyed it and we're doing this same cruise again this September, except this year it's on the Enchanted Princess. 

We're on NCL Breakaway in Sept round trip from NYC.

We wanted to take a relaxing cruise as most of our cruises in the past have been heavy port intensive trips, and we also wanted to go to Bar Harbor before the cruise ship ban that starts in 2025.

From Bar Harbor we can hit Acadia National Park (one of our bucket lists is National Parks!)

We don't have to fly to NYC which makes this an easy 7 day trip, flying into ports of departure turn your 7 days into 8 to 9 depending on flights. And add to the cost of the trip!

Where are you located?  Can you drive to Boston or NYC and do a round trip?

We like NCL for it "free style" theme, not big drinkers but enjoy drinking when on vacation. We haven't had a bad cruise with NCL.

But you do have to have patience and sometimes have to deal with big crowds or long lines, we just say to ourselves that at home we would have to wait too on a busy weekend trying to go out to dinner without reservations! But were not home, we are sailing on a beautiful ship with tons of things to see and do!

I like HAL for Canada/NE; done it three times and about to do another one this summer (with Greenland and Iceland).  HAL has cruises that go to Saguenay, up the fjord, but those are usually 10 days.  Still, I don't think you can go wrong with HAL and I think you'd fit right in.  Entertainment seems to have deteriorated, though.  I haven't cruised since before the pandemic so I'm going by reports rather than first hand experience.  I hope you find a cruiseline that meets your needs!

Maggiev, Where do you all live?  I have an inkling you might be in the PA/Ohio/MD area?  If so, or even if not, I would recommend the Royal Caribbean C/NE cruises from Baltimore. Could you swing 9 nights?  The ship is Vision of the Seas, which has a great ship ambience, many adults, excellent crew.

We travel to Baltimore on a Lenzner coach from the Pittsburgh area, but it's a nice drive, with parking right at the port.