Calling all theorists, insiders, and speculators … why don’t we have viable shorex 11 months out?

1 hour ago, rallydave said:

Unfortunately Mike Moore has left regent and nobody has replaced him commenting on this board. 

Not his fault - the position was removed.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Not his fault - the position was removed.

Of course not Mikes fault.  He was one of very few stars at regent and this removal will significantly affect customer satisfaction. 

Too bad the bean counters don’t understand the job Mike did was revenue and customer satisfaction positive and regent will pay for this dumb move for many years to come. 

Edited by rallydave
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Of course not Mikes fault.  He was one of very few stars at regent and this removal will significantly affect customer satisfaction. 

Too bad the bean counters don’t understand the job Mike did was revenue and customer satisfaction positive and regent will pay for this dumb move for many years to come. 

I understand the importance of his role and agree. Management is under extreme pressure to improve the financial picture ASAP. The possible September interest rate drop would be incredible news for NCLH.

2 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I understand the importance of his role and agree. Management is under extreme pressure to improve the financial picture ASAP. The possible September interest rate drop would be incredible news for NCLH.

Well this dumb change does absolutely nothing to improve the financial picture. 

in fact this change will significantly hurt financials in the short and long term. 

22 hours ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

I think you're misunderstanding what's happening.

Most likely.  So.... are you talking about the excursions on the "customize" portion of your account where you actually select the excursions and times?  In other words... you are in the process of actually SELECTING excursions correct? 

1 hour ago, rallydave said:

Well this dumb change does absolutely nothing to improve the financial picture. 

in fact this change will significantly hurt financials in the short and long term. 

That is your opinion and it appears that Management disagrees with you. Unfortunately, there is no way for us outsiders to see the data so we will never know.

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

Most likely.  So.... are you talking about the excursions on the "customize" portion of your account where you actually select the excursions and times?  In other words... you are in the process of actually SELECTING excursions correct? 

Correct. We've selected and booked shore excursions in each of the 9 ports, but really have no idea as to the times in 8 of them (Curacao seems to now be accurate). We're in each of these ports for 10 or more hours so the excursions we've booked could go off in the early morning or in the afternoon. No way to tell.

These aren't unfamiliar stops for Regent, and in most cases we're the only ship in port. So I don't understand why this is still messed up just 7 months from departure. I'm contacting my TA to see what is going on.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

Correct. We've selected and booked shore excursions in each of the 9 ports, but really have no idea as to the times in 8 of them (Curacao seems to now be accurate). We're in each of these ports for 10 or more hours so the excursions we've booked could go off in the early morning or in the afternoon. No way to tell.

These aren't unfamiliar stops for Regent, and in most cases we're the only ship in port. So I don't understand why this is still messed up just 7 months from departure. I'm contacting my TA to see what is going on.

You’re on the grandeur in early March 2025 and having similar shorex time issues as we are? We are navigator in late March 2025. Weird! I called my TA yesterday and she was surprised this is still going on. She called regent and asked again what’s up. Now she’s waiting to hear back from regent.

2 hours ago, kjbacon said:

You’re on the grandeur in early March 2025 and having similar shorex time issues as we are? We are navigator in late March 2025. Weird! I called my TA yesterday and she was surprised this is still going on. She called regent and asked again what’s up. Now she’s waiting to hear back from regent.

Yes, March 2025 is our cruise. We've got the excursions we wanted booked for each port, we just have no idea about the times. But cruisers who have to wait until seven months out can first book excursions on next Monday. There will be some irate pax if they don't straighten this out, especially since so many things are fully booked.

Another example of March 2025 excursion times...

We booked a Catamaran Sunset Cruise when they first came out for 7:30am. The time has since changed to 1:30pm. It is 2 1/2 hours so tell me how you can see the sunset at that time? Because of these times we have been unable to book any morning excursions. And if the sunset cruise truly is from 1:30 - 4:00 then we will not be going and will have to find something else last minute.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Amber14 said:

Another example of March 2025 excursion times...

We booked a Catamaran Sunset Cruise when they first came out for 7:30am. The time has since changed to 1:30pm. It is 2 1/2 hours so tell me how you can see the sunset at that time? Because of these times we have been unable to book any morning excursions. And if the sunset cruise truly is from 1:30 - 4:00 then we will not be going and will have to find something else last minute.

The port times should tell you if a Sunset cruise is possible. But if you don't want a catamaran cruise if it isn't "sunset," why don't you cancel and book a morning tour?  

Edited by papaflamingo

3 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

The port times should tell you if a Sunset cruise is possible. But if you don't want a catamaran cruise if it isn't "sunset," why don't you cancel and book a morning tour?  

We are in port till 11:00pm so plenty of time for a morning excursion and the sunset cruise. The problem is we can't book a morning excursion because the time of the sunset catamaran is at 1:30. We want to do two excursions but aren't able to book two. I do not want a catamaran cruise at 1:30 but don't want to cancel it in case they just have the time wrong. They either need to fix the time or rename the excursions. Neither seems hard to do.

• Like 1

In my opinion, they should not try to have excursions open for booking a year in advance.  As a cruiser, I’m not really ready to get into it at that time.  Nine months seems like a good time to offer and book. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

I know it’s hard to picture this thing because regent is usually right on and so accurate. And of course we have had the occasional time adjustment on a tour but this is different. This is that the shorex times are all incorrect. You can’t differentiate and book a “morning” tour when all the tours are at 7:30 am and none of us can book two tours in a day (which we often do).

18 hours ago, Amber14 said:

We are in port till 11:00pm so plenty of time for a morning excursion and the sunset cruise. The problem is we can't book a morning excursion because the time of the sunset catamaran is at 1:30. We want to do two excursions but aren't able to book two. I do not want a catamaran cruise at 1:30 but don't want to cancel it in case they just have the time wrong. They either need to fix the time or rename the excursions. Neither seems hard to do.

I hear you. We are also trying to make sense out of this chaos but it’s so frustrating lol!! Now that we are at the 7 month mark, it’s more than frustrating.

My TA, who specializes in Regent, has called them a couple times already and received no explanation other than it will be fixed soon. She hasn’t called lately so she tried again on Thursday and is still waiting to hear back from them.

On 8/1/2024 at 12:17 PM, cAPS lOCK oN said:

We have selected our excursions also and I’ve asked my TA to try yet again. Please let us know what your TA finds out and I’ll do the same. 

• Like 3

On 8/3/2024 at 12:45 PM, Amber14 said:

Oh.. that is a dilemma. I can't remember if you said you called Regent or not to ask if they can put you on a morning tour but might be worth the call (or what was their response if you've called them?).  If it's truly a Sunset Cruise then they clearly misprinted the start time. Could be they'll correct it down the road. 

Not much of a follow up but here’s the last I heard. After waiting a couple of days, the connection my TA has at Regent reports that they are working on it. So, that’s that I guess lol the cruise is 7 months out and most or all of the shorex times are wrong.

• Thanks 1