Excursions: How and When to Cancel if necessary?

USCAdventurer

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, USCAdventurer said:

I can't find the excursion cancellation policy.  Could someone explain where to find the cancellation policy in my account?

Thanks in advance for your help.

David

You cannot find this information until you are onboard. It is not available in advance. Once onboard, there will be a printed copy of all available excursions in your cabin. On that printed copy, it will list the cancellation terms. Printed vouchers of your booked excursions should also be in your cabin once you board; the cancellation terms will also be printed on the vouchers. As a general rule, but it varies, excursions are usually cancellable without penalty 48-72 hours +/- prior. Some excursions have lengthier cancellation dates, but those are generally indicated when they are initially booked.

I printed a copy of a sample excursion form from our January cruises on CC a while back, but I can't seem to remember/find what post I attached it to. If I find it, I will post it again.

Rob

Edited by ryndam
added info
  • Like 1

Thanks for your advice, Rob.  I booked an excursion for the first stop after we leave Rome, so I think I iwll cancel it since i'm not sure if I can take the excursion.  Since the excursion is the morning of our first stop, I wouldn't even have 24 hours to cancel.

1 hour ago, USCAdventurer said:

Thanks for your advice, Rob.  I booked an excursion for the first stop after we leave Rome, so I think I iwll cancel it since i'm not sure if I can take the excursion.  Since the excursion is the morning of our first stop, I wouldn't even have 24 hours to cancel.

If you change your mind once onboard, you can always rebook onboard if there are still open spots on your selected tour. And waitlists generally clear if your tour shows sold out once onboard.

Isn't cancellation for the first day's tour, 6pm on embark day?

Occasionally, there are tours that cannot be cancelled without penalty such as the Monaco Historic Grand Prix. The instructions for that one said pay in advance and no refunds if canceled.  

• Like 2