HAL newbie, Zaandam or Koningsdam for 2025 Alaska cruise?

Tom47

5 hours ago, Tom47 said:

Thanks.  I am working on it.

Hey @Tom47 you can use an older version of the Navigator App on your phone, it doesn't have to be on a tablet. That was my post that @0106 so graciously reposted, so if you need help, just let me know.

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hey @Tom47 you can use an older version of the Navigator App on your phone, it doesn't have to be on a tablet. That was my post that @0106 so graciously reposted, so if you need help, just let me know.

Thanks, I am still trying to find the right one.  I have sent an email to HAL app support.

On 4/24/2024 at 7:30 PM, Tom47 said:

Hi

We have never cruised on HAL and are planning on booking a 2025 Alaska cruise/land tour with Denali and Yukon.  I have identified 2 ships, Zaandam(older and smaller) and  Koningsdam(newer and bigger).  I have read some posts on this board that the Lido on current Koningsdam  cruises is crowded and understaffed.  Is this true across the board on all HAL ships?  Any thoughts pro or con?

Either ship will do just fine for the cruise.  On the land portion you'll be accompanied by hundreds of tourists.  You'll stay in nice places with hundreds of tourists.  You'l ride school buses at Denali with tourists, similar to the cruise.

If you have the time and money, get off the beaten track.  Fly out to Nome for a couple of days, and to Kotzebue, just above the circle, to see Inuits' lives.  If your tour ends in Anchorage, rent a car to go to Homer for a day or two.  Perhaps a day in Kodiak.  

And if you can't do it on one trip, remember what you're missing so you can do it the next time.

Best wishes for your discovering.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aardvaark said:

Either ship will do just fine for the cruise.  On the land portion you'll be accompanied by hundreds of tourists.  You'll stay in nice places with hundreds of tourists.  You'l ride school buses at Denali with tourists, similar to the cruise.

If you have the time and money, get off the beaten track.  Fly out to Nome for a couple of days, and to Kotzebue, just above the circle, to see Inuits' lives.  If your tour ends in Anchorage, rent a car to go to Homer for a day or two.  Perhaps a day in Kodiak.  

And if you can't do it on one trip, remember what you're missing so you can do it the next time.

Best wishes for your discovering.

Thanks.