BON VOYAGE Coral Princess World Cruisers 2024

Just now, Blackduck59 said:

Ā @OzKiwiJJĀ sorry I'm late to the parade...again. I bid you fair winds and a trailing sea. As others have mentioned, maybe get some Twinings English breakfast in Freo, that way you don't have to use all your precious blend. You should be able to make it stretch through the entire voyage. You will be able to get Twinings teas of all varieties at any of the Canadian ports.Ā 

We look forward to following along your voyage.

Thanks, Lyle. I think I'll have enough teabags to last me through. I usually only drink tea with breakfast, or occasionally with lunch in the buffet. It's not worth buying more unless I have to. Besides my favourite blend is actually nicer than Twinings EB.Ā 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Those fares are quite different to those showing on the Princess website.

Ā 

Screenshot_20240504_092216_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8f5271f7edccac6d0e580e9534375a14.jpg

These are plus fares. Standard fares are a lot cheaper and a still showing 7K for a solo balcony, I assume "E" grade which is what I paid 3 weeks ago.

All up with cruise, airfare, transfers, a night at the Pullman pre cruise it comes in under 10K solo so I'm more than happy with that and I got $250 OBC. I've just added these details as there maybe people reading the thread and considering it. I certainly won't be mentioning it once on board,Ā šŸ¤

Ā 

Having said that, its a great itinerary. Some sea days at the beginning to get over any jet lag then lots of ports. I wouldn't book a cruise because its cheap, eg. I couldn't cope with all those sea days going across to CPT on the first leg, even though it was also a bargain. I've also paid more than I thought was reasonable for a cruise because I really wanted to go to those places.

Ā 

48 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Bring a record of the original prices you paid for your excursions, if you can, then go to the Excursions Desk once onboard. They know about this issue but it appears they are only dealing with it on a one by one basis if you complain. Which stinks! They should have resolve the issue at corporate level.

Ā 

I'm waiting to see what happens with the excursions that have been billed to our folio so far - any payments by credit/debit card go on your folio as a credit then the excursions are charged to your folio when they are ticketed. We have our excursions tickets up to Dover so far. Apparently we'll either get OBC for the overcharged amount or a refund.

Thanks.Ā  I do have the paperwork but they just give a final price not an itemised list of excursions. The ones I've paid for are listed in my travel summary so I've printed that off too. If Princess are aware of it hopefully it will be sorted out by the time I board. Its more the principle of it. You shouldn't be asked for more money once you've paid in full.

Just now, Yaya_in_Oz said:

These are plus fares. Standard fares are a lot cheaper and a still showing 7K for a solo balcony, I assume "E" grade which is what I paid 3 weeks ago.

All up with cruise, airfare, transfers, a night at the Pullman pre cruise it comes in under 10K solo so I'm more than happy with that and I got $250 OBC. I've just added these details as there maybe people reading the thread and considering it. I certainly won't be mentioning it once on board,Ā šŸ¤

Ā 

Having said that, its a great itinerary. Some sea days at the beginning to get over any jet lag then lots of ports. I wouldn't book a cruise because its cheap, eg. I couldn't cope with all those sea days going across to CPT on the first leg, even though it was also a bargain. I've also paid more than I thought was reasonable for a cruise because I really wanted to go to those places.

Ā 

Yes, I forgot to change the setting to Standard.Ā 

Ā 

They've got plenty on to keep us amused on the sea days so far. However it's been quite cold and windy so apart from poking our noses through our balcony door we've stayed inside.Ā 

Ā 

We've got a bit of "rock and roll" today, just enough to be annoying when moving around the ship.Ā 

• Like 1

Just now, Yaya_in_Oz said:

Thanks.Ā  I do have the paperwork but they just give a final price not an itemised list of excursions. The ones I've paid for are listed in my travel summary so I've printed that off too. If Princess are aware of it hopefully it will be sorted out by the time I board. Its more the principle of it. You shouldn't be asked for more money once you've paid in full.

The value charged for each excursion will show individually on your folio but with no description alongside it.Ā 

Ā 

Anyway proof of the total you paid and the new total of your booked excursions should be enough.

Ā 

Unfortunately I would not rely on Princess to sort it out automatically. I think you will have to go to the Excursions Desk and request them to fix it.

Posted (edited)

Coral Princess docked in her first port of call of the cruise.

Ā 

Today she is in Fremantle, Perth, Australia.

Ā 

She has been joined by Pacific Explorer.

Ā 

Fremantle port webcams are offline at the moment šŸ˜ž

Ā 

Ā 

coral_bridge05052024.jpg

Ā 

coralprincessais05052024.JPG

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser
  • Like 3

Just now, ekka49 said:

We have seven sea days to MauritiusĀ 

Yeah, I did it once, we were having so much fun with activities could've done another 7 easily.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We're into day 2 of the crossing to Mauritius. It's still cool but just warm enough to have our first day in the Sanctuary.

Ā 

We've noticed the Bordeaux MDR has been a lot quieter after 7pm over the last three nights. Prior to that it was chocka at that time, and Good Spirits is quieter too. The early show times may account for the pattern change or maybe people have just found their ideal evening routines.Ā 

Ā 

We've been doing morning trivia and progressive trivia with mixed success but we're having fun.Ā 

Ā 

Afternoon tea has just arrived so bye for now!

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

There was a rare sighting of the elusive Greater Red Twinings E.B. in the buffet this morning. šŸ¤£

Yes I found some this morning at 6am

• Haha 1

Just now, MicCanberra said:

A blue whale sighting would be more exciting but then you wouldn't see one of them in the buffet.

I hope not! šŸ¤£

41 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Iā€™m impressed Julie, were you up there at 6am šŸ˜

6 am every morning for the better half and my heart starter

6 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Staying up all night has its advantages then

Bed at ten then up just before six. Breakfast in the cabin at seven Out walking the prom deck at eight.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ekka49 said:

Bed at ten then up just before six. Breakfast in the cabin at seven Out walking the prom deck at eight.

Iā€™m an early riser too, always have been. It has its advantages (at home anyway) cos last one out of bed makes it hehe. I very rare make the bed šŸ˜

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Not me! We got up there about 8am.

Thats earlier than we make it. So do you mix it up for breakfast? MDR and buffet?Ā