BON VOYAGE Coral Princess World Cruisers 2024

Have a wonderful cruise everyone.

I will be thinking of you each day when I'm cooking, grocery shopping, vacuuming, taking out the garbage bins etc. 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I will be thinking of you each day when I'm cooking, grocery shopping, vacuuming, taking out the garbage bins etc. 😄

Making the bed! Cleaning the toilet and shower! 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Good idea, are you on board yet ?

Yes, onboard with a VIP check-in - don't ask, it was just luck. We've had the traditional embarkation lunch with some very nice pinot noir. Now we're in our cabin waiting for our luggage to arrive.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, sewgood said:

14 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Making the bed! Cleaning the toilet and shower! 😁

The only "household" chores we'll be doing is keeping our cabin tidy and putting out our laundry each night. 😊

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, onboard with a VIP check-in - don't ask, it was just luck. We've had the traditional embarkation lunch with some very nice pinot noir. Now we're in our cabin waiting for our luggage to arrive.

Looking forward to following along from home with great interest.  We have booked Dover to Sydney for 2026 so will be looking for info on ports, all of which we haven't been to and ship board life.  Have a wonderful time.

• Like 1

We missed sailaway - we were so tired we just went straight into dinner. 

Apparently we're going to be going through 5-6 metre seas tonight. It's definitely getting a bit bouncy. Hopefully it will rock me to sleep.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Good morning all.

The seas calmed down after a couple of hours so we had a comfortable night. As usual I didn't sleep well as it always takes me a night or two to get used to the Princess bed. It's very comfortable but has a totally different feel to our bed at home.

But I am NOT HAPPY! I asked for English Breakfast tea in the MDR at breakfast. What came was Pickwicks English tea which is actually worse than Lipton's. It was very bland with a strange backtaste. Thank Goodness I packed a good supply of my favourite Dilmah tea. On the bright side Good Spirits has excellent espresso still so we're happy with that.

Trivia is next on our schedule, at 10am. They seem to be running things a bit earlier than on previous cruises - 10am instead of 10:30am for morning trivia, 7pm and 9pm for theatre shows instead of 7:30pm and 9:30pm.

We're also going to see what the progressive trivia is all about. That's at 12:15 so we'll be having a late lunch 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Good morning all.

The seas calmed down after a couple of hours so we had a comfortable night. As usual I didn't sleep well as it always takes me a night or two to get used to the Princess bed. It's very comfortable but has a totally different feel to our bed at home.

But I am NOT HAPPY! I asked for English Breakfast tea in the MDR at breakfast. What came was Pickwicks English tea which is actually worse than Lipton's. It was very bland with a strange backtaste. Thank Goodness I packed a good supply of my favourite Dilmah tea. On the bright side Good Spirits has excellent espresso still so we're happy with that.

Trivia is next on our schedule, at 10am. They seem to be running things a bit earlier than on previous cruises - 10am instead of 10:30am for morning trivia, 7pm and 9pm for theatre shows instead of 7:30pm and 9:30pm.

We're also going to see what the progressive trivia is all about. That's at 12:15 so we'll be having a late lunch 

Thanks, was waiting for you to surface 😁

so there is no English breakfast at all???

just keeping notes lol

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Thanks, was waiting for you to surface 😁

so there is no English breakfast at all???

just keeping notes lol

I haven't checked the buffet but they usually have the best tea in the MDRs so I doubt there will be any Twinings English Breakfast tea on the ship at all. I think Princess have been having supply issues with Twinings as the buffet ran out on Diamond in Japan last year, and Holland America had low supplies Xmas 2022. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elorac123 said:
  • Can’t help but be a little envious, wishing you all a perfect cruise.
  • Cheers Carole

A little envious 🤣🤣🤣🤣

im totally green! And Frank is totally saying we’ve got to do one lol

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

A little envious 🤣🤣🤣🤣

im totally green! And Frank is totally saying we’ve got to do one lol

I’m afraid it’s way beyond our means now but life’s good,got three cruises coming up.

Cheers Carole

• Like 4

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I haven't checked the buffet but they usually have the best tea in the MDRs so I doubt there will be any Twinings English Breakfast tea on the ship at all. I think Princess have been having supply issues with Twinings as the buffet ran out on Diamond in Japan last year, and Holland America had low supplies Xmas 2022. 

Viking ran out of EB on a river cruise at Christmas time.  Big shop needed in Perth?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

I’m afraid it’s way beyond our means now but life’s good,got three cruises coming up.

Cheers Carole

It’s way beyond our means too but I think Frank is speaking it in faith 🥰😁🙏🏻🤣🤣

• Like 3

Way beyond my means too.  As a single traveller now, I estimated even in an ordinary cabin, I would be up for $120,000 fare, plus drinks, shorex. Make it $130,000 minimum. My late wife and I did a half world cruise, Sydney to Southampton via Africa in 2012, on P&O UK 'Arcadia. Memorable trip. Ah, these days I can only dream. At least in my retirement apartment here I have a balcony with river view and a shower cubicle with a grab handle just like a cruise ship shower, I say. lol. I just pretend I am on a Princess cruise ship, going nowhere, lol.  But not complaining, I have done a lot of travel/cruising since I retired aged 55, 20 years ago.

Have a good afternoon everybody.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The earlier times for the theatre may be due to being a world cruise and an expected older demographic.

Possibly but the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise just before the world cruise had the later times and the demographic isn't much different on that one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

Viking ran out of EB on a river cruise at Christmas time.  Big shop needed in Perth?

I have 250 teabags of my favourite Dilmah Ceylon Supreme tea with me. Based on our Japan cruise on Diamond last November I was prepared for a shortage of Twinings E.B. but I didn't expect them to replace it with rubbish tea. If it looks like I'm using more than expected of my Dilmah I'll buy some Twinings in Dover.

• Like 2