BON VOYAGE Coral Princess World Cruisers 2024

1 minute ago, Yaya_in_Oz said:

Welcome back everyone! 🥳 

The Coral made a lovely backdrop for Morning Breakfast today. Makes you want to hop on and go. (They were there for a new train line opening today).

New Metro Line, Chatswood to Sydenham, driverless trains.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

As the WC didn't end up leaving from Brisbane because of the itinerary changes, I guess that is the lap completed. I gather there are still quite a few aboard till Brisbane.

We were told last night that 1500 were getting off in Sydney and 200 in Brisbane, plus 200 got off in Auckland. That was from our head section waiter in the MDR. There were a few passengers from Queensland who got off today, the ones that I spoke to were from Cairns and Townsville.

My trivia team mates were in the buffet at 9:05 pm when the wind hit the ship, they told me the dessert and salad section hit the floor. The staff checked on the guests first and then roped off the damaged areas and closed the buffet. They very quickly got to work cleaning up the mess.

The ship stayed listing at 9 degrees for some time but it felt like more than that to us. The curtains in the cabin swung away from the wall and just stayed there it looked very bizarre.

Thanks for all the welcome backs from everyone. We are home now and the shopping has been done. Well off to cook the dinner now. It is really all over now, I think it was the best cruise we have ever done!

A day of washing tomorrow. 😒

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sewgood said:

We were told last night that 1500 were getting off in Sydney and 200 in Brisbane, plus 200 got off in Auckland. That was from our head section waiter in the MDR. There were a few passengers from Queensland who got off today, the ones that I spoke to were from Cairns and Townsville.

My trivia team mates were in the buffet at 9:05 pm when the wind hit the ship, they told me the dessert and salad section hit the floor. The staff checked on the guests first and then roped off the damaged areas and closed the buffet. They very quickly got to work cleaning up the mess.

The ship stayed listing at 9 degrees for some time but it felt like more than that to us. The curtains in the cabin swung away from the wall and just stayed there it looked very bizarre.

Thanks for all the welcome backs from everyone. We are home now and the shopping has been done. Well off to cook the dinner now. It is really all over now, I think it was the best cruise we have ever done!

A day of washing tomorrow. 😒

I would say the head waiter would be pretty spot-on. We had similar on Explorer of the Seas a few years back, but not for as long or quite as severe. In cabin at the time, the weird part was watching our coffee cups sliding across the table and seeing a deck chair go flying past our balcony. You must have copped quite a gust, and it seems to have taken them somewhat by surprise - a bit like turbulence to a plane.

Washing will be a chore, have fun, but I just love the feeling of our own bed following a long trip. 

• Like 2

I know she is scheduled to return to Sydney on a US based world cruise on 18th February 2026, but today feels like a Sydney farewell for Coral Princess. We are really glad she got to spend a couple of years here, and we thoroughly enjoyed our Coral Princess cruises.

Capture_44.thumb.jpg.a13f097f4b1e42966a691c041b0c77fb.jpg

• Like 6

A question for the WC passengers regarding Port Callao in Lime,Peru.

We will be spending 2 1/2 days in Lima on a segment on the Zuiderdam WC departing FL on the 4th January 2025. We will be there from 7am 14th Jan. until 1pm on the 16th.

Could someone please tell me about the arrangements for picking up, for example a Haku Tour from the Port (as they advertise they will do in the Shore Excursion option on their website).  There are some conflicting and very scary reports about this place. Some people are saying that they are no longer allowing private tours to pick you up at the port gates and that the cruise lines are now supplying a ?free shuttle from the ship and it takes you to Plaza San Miguel shopping plaza in Miraflores where you can arrange for your private tour to pick you up and drop you off and then you can get the shuttle back to the ship.

Apparently the buses for the HAL tours pick you up beside the ship and drop you back to the ship. Maybe this is a safer option!!!

We would like to book a couple of the Haku tours and I have sent them a couple of emails but they haven't replied. I am wondering if there is a problem with the company???

Any experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Jenny