Do U Get Hotel points and Frequent Guest Benefits on Regent Bookings?

I have booked two cruises with included pre cruise hotel stays and tours. I have Marriott Titanium status and am wondering whether my benefits like included breakfast, early check in and executive lounge access are recognized when staying in a Marriott Hotel booked under a Regent group category. Thanks for any advice/experience on this.

It depends - I also have lifetime elite status with both Hilton and Marriott. Both programs clearly state that elite benefits are only available if you book directly with them (or through an approved corporate booking service) and not through a 3rd party, such as Travelocity and Expedia. Also, certain "group" rates do not qualify for elite benefits. That being said, on occasion I have had my status recognized when booked through Regent, depending on the location and on other times I have not with the excuse being that the rate used for the booking does not qualify for elite benefits.

Since I am drowning in hotel points and earn more than I burn, most of the time I take the Regent credit and book my own hotel to take full advantage of the elite benefits.

• Thanks 1

I have Marriott Lifetime Titanium status and did get access to the lounge and a better breakfast the last time Regent booked the room - as did quite a few others that we met.  However,  not all of the hotels will honor.  

• Thanks 1

In past no points or stay credits with Marriott.  They did allow us in the lounge - also a lifetime Titanium elite.

Just back from Tokyo.  Regent used Hilton, had three pre-cruise nights plus 2 of our own.  Only received points and night status for the two nights.

• Thanks 1

These days, what qualifies as eligible changes so often. Something such as the booking category matters. Just make sure your frequent customer number is on each booking. And then cross your fingers. If it’s eligible, you’ll get the credit. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 1:57 AM, GMIAC said:

These days, what qualifies as eligible changes so often. Something such as the booking category matters. Just make sure your frequent customer number is on each booking. And then cross your fingers. If it’s eligible, you’ll get the credit. 

The crossed fingers worked, as I got 4,419 award miles and 4,419 loyalty points from AA for my Regent-booked return to Chicago from Barcelona yesterday. We paid the deviation to fly back on 5/1 instead of when we disembarked on 4/24. 

On 5/2/2024 at 2:19 PM, labonnevie said:

My understanding is that bookings made by Regent, or any other third party, after May 1 will not receive AA miles/points. Looks like you just got under the wire. 

AA has put this idea of only allowing miles earning on direct bookings and with preferred agencies on hold. Not sure when it will start but also not clear whether cruise line arranged air will or will not be considered to be "preferred" suppliers such that miles will be earned on bookings by them.