My Viking Journey website maintenance

Murt22

We book our excursions on Saturday and in preparing for that, I have been going to the website often to look at the excursions. I have found the website down as much as i have found it up. I have really never seen so much "maintenance" on a website. Obviously, it is random - so some can say that they don't have the problem, but have anyone had this issue? I know there is no solution to this problem - but I find it frustrating and hope the website is available during our booking time as I am missing some things to stay home to do it.

My advice is based on instinct, not experience, so hopefully others will have more specific advice. If you encounter this problem when your scheduled booking time arrives, immediately call Viking to have an agent handle it for you over the phone. 

1 hour ago, Murt22 said:

We book our excursions on Saturday and in preparing for that, I have been going to the website often to look at the excursions. I have found the website down as much as i have found it up. I have really never seen so much "maintenance" on a website. Obviously, it is random - so some can say that they don't have the problem, but have anyone had this issue? I know there is no solution to this problem - but I find it frustrating and hope the website is available during our booking time as I am missing some things to stay home to do it.

I’ve been on MVJ extensively this week selecting excursions and checking the status of the sold out excursions multiple times a day and have never encountered “maintenance.” Are you sure you don’t have multiple browsers or connections to the website open simultaneously? This can cause your data to be locked. 

4 hours ago, Murt22 said:

I have been on MVJ also many times this week and all has worked well for me.  In fact, I have never personally had issues with MVJ and its functionality.

On 4/25/2024 at 6:53 AM, Murt22 said:

Curious if you were able to book your excursions with no issues.

We did get everything booked. A few times, it wouldn't let me add the excursion to the cart so I would skip to the next one and a few times it would freeze and make me go back to the home page. I put a few paid excursions in the cart and paid for them before doing the next batch. Overall, it took about 40 minutes - we are on a 22 day cruise and didn't book anything for 4 of the days. 

Another tech mistake on Myviking website.   Incorrectly showing my air itinerary will be available 84 days prior to cruise...when it is actually 150.   Talked to agent yesterday, who indeed confirmed it is a mistake that tech needs to correct.  But she could do nothing on her end.  

Recently did a river cruise---My Viking Journey never showed my correct seats, booked by Viking.  We had aisle/window, but MVJ always showed us sitting in the middle section of the plane.  We figured whatever the airline website showed was correct, and it was!

Edited by sharkster77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HSBC said:

After MyVikingJourney becomes READ only prior to boarding the cruise ship, if airline changed my seat, would the latest change still reflect under MyVikingJourney?

Thanks!

Your safest bet is to load the airline apps for the carriers your flights are on. They will give you the latest information. Some airline apps give you important information on the day of your flight like gate changes and luggage tracking. Also some airlines aren’t integrated into Viking’s system and their app or webpage is the only way to change seats. On our last European trip, one carrier would not assign seats until the day of the flight unless you paid an additional fee. (This is becoming more common) The only way to get an advance seat was through the airline’s app/website.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Your safest bet is to load the airline apps for the carriers your flights are on. They will give you the latest information. Some airline apps give you important information on the day of your flight like gate changes and luggage tracking. Also some airlines aren’t integrated into Viking’s system and their app or webpage is the only way to change seats. On our last European trip, one carrier would not assign seats until the day of the flight unless you paid an additional fee. (This is becoming more common) The only way to get an advance seat was through the airline’s app/website.

Agree----Viking may have purchased your flights, but the airline is actually flying you there, so I would put my faith in what the airline says, not MVJ.  It's easy to use your air booking # to check on your flights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1