Saint Greg's Carnival Horizon ABC - Live - April 27, 2024

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, tauep24 said:

Hi @Saint Greg.  I was on the Horizon one year ago today and did the same itinerary.  Curious to know if you can find out if Luca is still one of the photographers on board?

I think the best way would be to ask an existing photographer. I’ll try to remember tomorrow but if I don’t post an answer, remind me

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

I think this could be the “you’ve cruised with us 25 times and we haven’t done a damn thing for you table.”

“and we’ll continue to not do it for you., we’ll just not do it for you for you from a better table.”

• Like 5
  • Haha 21

8 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

On the 2nd leg of our B2B,  I got flagged after one drink. Patti and our friends Beth and Mark got their 2nd drinks no problem. We normally get the muster out of the way no problem,  but I was surprised that I got  flagged. I truly believe that you should not get any drinks until you go to muster! 😎

Mark and I tried to go to muster first (since it was in Reflections right next to the atrium bar) but our new cards wouldn't scan.😂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

So I’ve been sitting here 45 mins would you expect more than an appetizer at this point?

This is why we rarely eat in the MDR anymore. Same menu for the most part up on the Lido. 😎

• Like 15

I just walked into an elevator and said “I don’t care where it’s going it has to be better than here.”  I was right. It took me to 8 and I walked up the stairs to 9. Am I done For the night? Maybe. Maybe not. I don’t know.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Couldn’t be remember if this ship still had the bar or it. It does. Last time I was on vista they didn’t let people sit there. May have been a Covid thing. It was a few months after the restart.

IMG_7160.jpeg

People were sitting at that bar last night on Vista.

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Next stop skybox sports bar.

They have one TV on the draft but the audio is some Caribbean music. And no bartender 

IMG_7163.thumb.jpeg.06943ff1e932370f657252cc5de308dc.jpeg

IMG_7164.thumb.jpeg.99fc48b8a6b6c8e01da1e09973ed6bce.jpeg

On Vista this bar doubles as the meat locker. We tried to watch the draft there Thursday night but it was already packed an hour prior. We ended up in Red Frog Pub. No sound there either but did have bartenders.

Edited by Knights on the Beach
  • Like 3

Great review our next cruise currently is on the Horizon a year from now.  We're at 22 cruises, trying to talk my wife into a couple of short cruises to see that mirror message 

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

These guys at the bar saying Miami is the worst airport ever. I shouldn’t comment maybe since I haven’t been to MIA yet but I wanted to throw Orlando into the mix. He starts comparing Miami to Nashville im like yeah. I could say San Angelo is the best ever they have one gate.

This is the primary benefit of Allegiant. No big seats. Extremely limited dates and times. However, some of the airports are small and some are extraordinarily tiny which is fabulous. Ditto on traffic. Driving by cornfields through no congestion to a free open parking lot in front of the miniature terminal has its own value. 

Allegiant is also typically on time since most planes fly out and back from their home base and that’s it for the day. None of this crisscrossing via multiple legs and crews, getting gradually further behind as the day wears on. 

It’s not perfect by any means but it’s kind of a genius model compared to the typical airline. 

• Like 5