My bid was accepted, but they haven't charged me yet.

MudderBear

My big was accepted on a cruise in the very very near future.  I came home last night and got the email of the acceptance.  However, they have not billed me, there is nothing in my cruise personalizer, nor has the charge hit my credit card.  I don't want to loose the room as I am assuming they gave up my old cabin.....what to do???😬

• Like 1

If I understand your post correctly, you submitted a bid to upgrade to a higher level cabin.  The notification you received is simply informing you that your bid has been received, but it does not mean that you have been upgraded. That could happen any time up to the day before your sailing, at which point your credit card would be charged.  In the meantime, you are still assigned to your original cabin (and would remain there if your bid is not successful).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

When you check your credit card, does it say pending?  I made 2 charges on Princess and each was pending for 4 business days before I actually saw it as a charge when I checked online.  

I've only made a bid once (and didn't get notice until 24 hours before the cruise that it was denied).

Where you notified of a stateroom number assignment when they "accepted" your bid?  Or did the email just say they acknowledge you submitted a bid?

Edited by cr8tiv1

Posted (edited)

The email I got when our bid was accepted was titled "Yay - you got your stateroom upgrade". The new cabin number was not shown in the email, just the amount my credit card would be charged. 

I got the email March 24th. The transaction on my credit card statement was dated March 26th. 

So don't panic.

Check the app or Personalizer to see your new cabin number.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

31 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

What a dummy...I just realized that when I placed my bid I actually gave them a different credit card number and the charge is pending there. Whew!

Whew indeed! Enjoy your upgraded cabin. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

What a dummy...I just realized that when I placed my bid I actually gave them a different credit card number and the charge is pending there. Whew!

I've done that!  I was looking for a refund for a cancelled excursion...Duh....wrong credit card.  Refund was issued the day after I cancelled the excursion and looked for about a month; wondering why with multiple phone calls to Princess.

At least you figured this out on your own.  Good going.

Congrats on winning your bid.  Enjoy

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, charliedalrymple said:

If I understand your post correctly, you submitted a bid to upgrade to a higher level cabin.  The notification you received is simply informing you that your bid has been received, but it does not mean that you have been upgraded. That could happen any time up to the day before your sailing, at which point your credit card would be charged.  In the meantime, you are still assigned to your original cabin (and would remain there if your bid is not successful).

I stand corrected.  Congratulations!!  😁

• Like 1