Live from Enchanted Princess 7 Day Cruise to Western Caribbean 4/27/24-5/4/24

2 to Sea

On 4/28/2024 at 7:18 AM, Weezor said:

This is great.  We are booked for next Easter and can't wait.  We were to be sailing on her inaugural cruise to the Mediterranean in 2020, but of course, covid had other plans.  We've sailed Princess cruises before and we will be on the Sun in November, but Enchanted Princess was to be our trip of a lifetime and just happy to finally make it happen.  Enjoy this cruise and if you stop in Take 5 for a jazz night, please take a pic as that is my husband's favorite.  TIA and happy cruising!

IMG_1229.jpeg.c36ecdf84de87aa29e0de8a01d2dbcc8.jpeg

On 4/28/2024 at 10:57 PM, 2 to Sea said:

Late evening snack included chips and guacamole and veggies and hummus/pita bread.  This seems to be available all day today.

are the crepes still available at the buffet during dinner? All the way in the back. 🙂

• Like 1

Hi,

thanks so much for doing the live from. We are on Enchanted on the August Repositioning cruise, Caribbean to NYC, and are loving seeing what you are up to and how you find the ship. We are a family of 3 from the UK and have never cruised outside Europe before!

This will be our second cruise with Princess. 1st was on Sky from Southampton. I hear Enchanted is almost identical to Sky which suits us as Sky Princess was fabulous

Enjoy your cruise! 

3 hours ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Hi,

thanks so much for doing the live from. We are on Enchanted on the August Repositioning cruise, Caribbean to NYC, and are loving seeing what you are up to and how you find the ship. We are a family of 3 from the UK and have never cruised outside Europe before!

This will be our second cruise with Princess. 1st was on Sky from Southampton. I hear Enchanted is almost identical to Sky which suits us as Sky Princess was fabulous

Enjoy your cruise! 

Yes, the various Royal Class ships are very similar with the exception of the Majestic that was originally built for the Asian market.  We are also on the repo cruise.  If you haven't done so already, hop on the roll call.

• Like 1

Enjoying your 'live' - thank you for doing this.  We are on Enchanted in Sept and also doing W. Carribean in Jan, so appreciate the information (Cabana Beach House, check!).  My husband is vegan and I am like you - mostly vegetarian and occasional pescatarian.  I am pleased to see all your meal options.  Are they as good as they look?  

3 hours ago, Familycruzer11 said:

Enjoying your 'live' - thank you for doing this.  We are on Enchanted in Sept and also doing W. Carribean in Jan, so appreciate the information (Cabana Beach House, check!).  My husband is vegan and I am like you - mostly vegetarian and occasional pescatarian.  I am pleased to see all your meal options.  Are they as good as they look?  

About half the menu items have been bland and the other half fabulous.  I forgot to take a photo last night of the vegan menu- but the salad with sweet chili was amazing, the coconut Thai soup was like coconut water with a couple of chunks of tofu and no flavor, and the vegetable korma was a good spice.  You may need to get several items to find the good ones.  Granted, we like flavors of all kinds.  The buffet seems to always have a salad bar, and at least two vegan options and two vegetarian options next to each other.  There seems to be other options throughout, just not always labeled.  

• Like 1

Time changed again today, but we woke up early.  Caught a bit of the sunrise.  Belize City was a tender port, so we had to be in the Princess Theatre by 7:00am.  Hopped on the tender and to the port we went.  Then onto another boat to see the sharks and rays.  It was about a 15 minute tender, then 45 minutes to Caye Caulker.  We had about 10 minutes to use the bathroom and change if needed, then back on the boat for some snorkeling.  They do feed some, so we saw an eel.  The fish and water was beautiful, but my hubby noted that the coral aren’t healthy.  They broke us into three groups, but still felt a bit crowded.  This is a follow the leader snorkel, not a swim about on your own.  I still enjoyed myself.  Then back into the boat for another 10 minutes to get into the water with nurse sharks and rays.  They feed them to, so they are swimming all around you.  Amazing to see.  Back on the boat and back to the island.  We had 1 hour 15 minutes to eat and/or explore.  Easy walking.  From there we went back to Belize City.  Long day in the elements and I’m pleasantly tired. IMG_1235.jpeg.46947d8a7dcbb29960cdd47449827b36.jpeg

IMG_1238.jpeg.d7732b5af77f378cf0d3fe907c5a3a60.jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Hi,

Enjoy your cruise! 

Enjoy!  We look forward to cruising in Europe some day.  Princess has Tea Time on the sea days.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 2 to Sea said:

About half the menu items have been bland and the other half fabulous.  I forgot to take a photo last night of the vegan menu- but the salad with sweet chili was amazing, the coconut Thai soup was like coconut water with a couple of chunks of tofu and no flavor, and the vegetable korma was a good spice.  You may need to get several items to find the good ones.  Granted, we like flavors of all kinds.  The buffet seems to always have a salad bar, and at least two vegan options and two vegetarian options next to each other.  There seems to be other options throughout, just not always labeled.  

Wow. I assumed same Vegan menu for the duration and didn’t expect them to even change it up. I know what you mean about varying flavors. We’ve seen it too. Still glad to see them moving in this direction. Thank you 

1 hour ago, Familycruzer11 said:

Wow. I assumed same Vegan menu for the duration and didn’t expect them to even change it up. I know what you mean about varying flavors. We’ve seen it too. Still glad to see them moving in this direction. Thank you 

We went to the buffet tonight and ended up talking to the head chef there.  He said there are many more items that are vegan or vegetarian, but you need to ask.  We suggested marking everything, but he didn’t want to go that way in case someone with allergies gets something that is wrong.  He instructed staff to cook with olive oil instead of butter.  So rice and beans are good to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

are the crepes still available at the buffet during dinner? All the way in the back. 🙂

Yes they are!  I didn’t know about this.  Maybe I shouldn’t know!

IMG_1266.jpeg.9153f07156b8e2f2d88a8e9b6433257f.jpeg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 2 to Sea said:

A Sophisticated Evening of Cool

Thank you, this made his day.  As soon as we are finished what show is in the Princess theater, that's where we'll be headed for the evening to enjoy the cool jazz.  

• Like 1

If anyone onboard could check for me at any of the bars or a few of the bars. Do they have diet Dr Pepper or regular Dr Pepper. My opinion is they do not ,but trying to take an informal poll on the subject. Maybe it is a new thing onboard or varies from ship to ship?
Thanks.

23 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

If anyone onboard could check for me at any of the bars or a few of the bars. Do they have diet Dr Pepper or regular Dr Pepper. My opinion is they do not ,but trying to take an informal poll on the subject. Maybe it is a new thing onboard or varies from ship to ship?
Thanks.

I can’t live without my Dr so I bring a 12 pack aboard (allowed by Princess). It should be available at a grocery store near the dock. DW would do the same if Diet Coke were not available onboard.🤓

@robbinsca

totally agree it should be available onboard and yes, I know that you can bring on soda/pop onboard Princess.

Not really the reason why I’m trying to take a poll. Just want to know if it’s available .another cc poster said they got diet Dr Pepper on the Regal Princess this year, so I am just trying to see if it is really available on other Princess ships. So at this point looking for first hand knowledge for those that are onboard .

Thanks.

• Like 1

Yesterday was Roatán, Honduras.  We booked a tour in a private car through Victor Bodden Tours.  None of the excursions hit all the locations we wanted to go to, so this allowed us to stop when we wanted, grab coffee on a whim, and see the real way of living.  First, we navigated through the port to get to where the non-ship excursions were.  It was about a ten minute walk, but there was a $2 taxi option that we didn’t take.  I had read that some felt that the locals were pushy, but that wasn’t my experience.  As soon as I said we had a tour booked, we were wished a great time.  Kenia was our driver and she was friendly and knowledgeable.  Of course she was born and raised there.

Since it was our tour, she had a list of where we wanted to go, and also inquired if there was anything else.  We let her know that we wanted to see what she thought was the best on Roatán.  So our first part she took us through the neighborhood where the working people live.  She gave us the history of why the streets were so narrow (no plan for cars at the time).  Then up to a view at the top of one of the hills for a great view.

IMG_1269.jpeg.b4c42312b392b05ebe40b1629d9ca357.jpeg

• Like 2