Virgin Voyages being sold?

DrSea

I heard from the shiplife YouTuber that the owners of Virgin Voyages is trying to sell off the cruise line. I tried to Google it but didn't come up with anything. Anyone have any info on this? Thanks

3 hours ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

Was it in a recent video he made??

He said it during the video where he says Virgin is doing month stays for 10k. It came out like yesterday 

3 hours ago, DrSea said:

I heard from the shiplife YouTuber that the owners of Virgin Voyages is trying to sell off the cruise line. I tried to Google it but didn't come up with anything. Anyone have any info on this? Thanks

Did they cite specific articles, specific sources? If not, then it's just rumor.  All cruise lines are potentially for sale to the right buyer and the right price. Unless something comes out in the official trades, it'll just be rumor and great clickbait to get views. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

That guy is super annoying, ended up asking YouTube to not show me his videos anymore. There has always been speculation that VV will go public or sell so I don't think this would be earth shattering if true. Maybe something will be announced on the 1st that he knows about or maybe he's just hedging his bets in case they announce a sale this week? 

• Like 2

I think this will happen for sure in the near future once the brand builds its core base of ships, clientele, loyalty, and image. It definitely attracts a cruiser base that exists no where. I have been on over 100 cruises on all the major cruise lines so I can see this fitting into another cruise lines offering model.... I can tell you for sure that it won't be Disney!

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 8:14 AM, neverendingcruising said:

That guy is super annoying, ended up asking YouTube to not show me his videos anymore. There has always been speculation that VV will go public or sell so I don't think this would be earth shattering if true. Maybe something will be announced on the 1st that he knows about or maybe he's just hedging his bets in case they announce a sale this week? 

Seriously... saying a private company is looking for an exit for their investors is not news, it's reality for every privately owned company with significant investment money.

• Like 3

On 4/30/2024 at 11:03 AM, jame_g said:

Hopefully NOT!

What’s wrong with RCL? Just because they’ve cut everything back and turned the lines they’ve bought into far less than they were before, doesn’t mean they would do the same with Virgin. 🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, commodoredave said:

What’s wrong with RCL? Just because they’ve cut everything back and turned the lines they’ve bought into far less than they were before, doesn’t mean they would do the same with Virgin. 🤓

Virgin is already cutting back and doubling the price...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, -The-True-North- said:

Sounds like the standard formula for selling: cutback on expenses, increase revenue and paint a pretty picture.

• Like 1

He did the same thing with Virgin America his domestic airline in the US.  It was THE BEST to fly and I always used it if available for my destination/trip.  Then it went public and the investors insisted he sell it (so he says) to Alaska Airlines.  ALL of the reasons to fly them quickly evaporated.  If the VV line sells you can kiss all the reasons you cruise on it now good bye.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 9:03 PM, -The-True-North- said:

Would love to hear from ya on what you see Virgin cutting back on.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2024 at 2:03 AM, -The-True-North- said:

Not that I could see. In fact (and I know I sound a bit snobby), upping the prices and reducing some of the offers has made the voyages more enjoyable. Some people were doing a "try it for the price" and not the people you would expect on a VV, ie They were pretty closed-minded, refused even to consider eating anything other than steak, chicken, and fries, and thought the entertainment was too "liberal." 

Since the price hike, the numbers on board have been stable, people who want and like the product have come on board, and there are fewer party animals, with very, very few people drinking to excess. Quality has not dropped at all from what I can see. 

• Like 5

On 5/7/2024 at 12:45 PM, Lustate said:

Not that I could see. In fact (and I know I sound a bit snobby), upping the prices and reducing some of the offers has made the voyages more enjoyable. Some people were doing a "try it for the price" and not the people you would expect on a VV, ie They were pretty closed-minded, refused even to consider eating anything other than steak, chicken, and fries, and thought the entertainment was too "liberal." 

Since the price hike, the numbers on board have been stable, people who want and like the product have come on board, and there are fewer party animals, with very, very few people drinking to excess. Quality has not dropped at all from what I can see. 

I'll one up snob you by saying, "Let the finger lick-in good cruisers go back to Carnival or NCL".

• Haha 2