Latitudes Question

Good morning Every1,

been sailing with ncl for a while now..im kind of confused. If both my wife and i are platinum members, do we each get 2 dining vouchers for 2? Ive heard solo people get vouchers for 2 and they invite someone along with them. So shouldn't we each get 2 separate vouchers? 
thanks in advance

Here's the relevant language in the fine print: 

Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles guests 1 & 2 to an appetizer, one entrée and dessert of choice. Upcharges apply to certain premium menu items; Raw Bar Seafood Platter is not included. Bottle of Wine offered in all venues offering Complimentary Wine list, Palomar not included. In à la carte restaurants, coupon can be redeemed for 4 menu items per person (Sushi, Wasabi, Nama, Teppanyaki, Hasuki, Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar or Raw Bar). Additional entrées will incur supplemental charges. Dinner coupons are non-transferrable. Solo guests cannot claim two dinners. Coupons can’t be used for the same venue twice. Benefit is for guests 1 & 2 on the reservation of a qualifying tier. If there are 2 Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, Ambassador members in one stateroom, only 2 Dinner for Two vouchers will be delivered. Dining options vary by ship.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 7Contraveler said:

Good morning Every1,

been sailing with ncl for a while now..im kind of confused. If both my wife and i are platinum members, do we each get 2 dining vouchers for 2? Ive heard solo people get vouchers for 2 and they invite someone along with them. So shouldn't we each get 2 separate vouchers? 
thanks in advance

No, the benefit is per stateroom.  If one or more person in a room has reached the Platinum level or above, the room receives two certificates, each good for dinner for two.  You do not receive additional coupons even if there is more than one Platinum member in the room.  You also do not receive additional coupons if more than two persons are booked in the room. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

No, the benefit is per stateroom.  If one or more person in a room has reached the Platinum level or above, the room receives two certificates, each good for dinner for two.  You do not receive additional coupons even if there is more than one Platinum member in the room.  You also do not receive additional coupons if more than two persons are booked in the room. 

You actually do get more if there are more than two platinums in a cabin.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Our last sailing was in February so less than three months ago.  We were in a Haven suite - 4 of us and three of us were platinum.  We still only got TWO of the meal certificates.  We did get three free bags of laundry.

2 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

Our last sailing was in February so less than three months ago.  We were in a Haven suite - 4 of us and three of us were platinum.  We still only got TWO of the meal certificates.  We did get three free bags of laundry.

From the FAQs

image.png.554cc6b84831d45605c361f68a2f4024.png

But if they aren't delivered, you'd have to go the the CN desk and ask - extra coupons aren't something that the stewards probably have on their mind as they are prepping the room for new guests.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, julig22 said:

From the FAQs

image.png.554cc6b84831d45605c361f68a2f4024.png

But if they aren't delivered, you'd have to go the the CN desk and ask - extra coupons aren't something that the stewards probably have on their mind as they are prepping the room for new guests.

We did have to ask for the vouchers.  Looking at our latitudes benefits:

image.thumb.png.98c75226cbaf51550362806243dc89be.png

It's one voucher set per every 2 platinum members in the cabin. If there's 2, you get one set of vouchers to use together for the 2 guests.

Last trip we had 3 in the same cabin, all 3 were platinum and above. We got 2 different sets of vouchers to use between the 3 of us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DorothyB said:

We did have to ask for the vouchers.  Looking at our latitudes benefits:

image.thumb.png.98c75226cbaf51550362806243dc89be.png

I can’t check these things as the website isn’t working properly on my phone, but that looks like the original wording before they changed things when people started complaining after the latitudes update in around 2017z

42 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I can’t check these things as the website isn’t working properly on my phone, but that looks like the original wording before they changed things when people started complaining after the latitudes update in around 2017z

I copied that this morning from the Lattitudes benefits table in "my account"

7 hours ago, DorothyB said:

I copied that this morning from the Lattitudes benefits table in "my account"

Sorry, you’re correct. I misread that yesterday and thought it was saying that you only got two vouchers if there were more than two platinums.

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 11:55 PM, KeithJenner said:

Actually, no you don’t.  Whether one of the guests in a stateroom is Platinum or above or whether both the guests in a stateroom are Platinum or above, the stateroom receives two certificates, each one good for dinner in a specialty restaurant for two persons.  One of those certificates allows you to receive a bottle of wine, the other certificate does not.  This is how it has been on NCL ships for about a decade.  This is what my wife and I have received on about 25 cruises since we became Platinum.

Edited by The Traveling Man

15 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

It probably occurred at the same time they made some other major changes to the Latitudes program on 1 February 2017.

On 5/1/2024 at 11:55 PM, KeithJenner said:

Sorry, I may have misread the original question.  I believe you may be right.  If only two of three or four in a cabin are Platinum or above, you only get two certificates per cabin.  I have never traveled with three or more Platinum members in the same room, so my response was based solely on what I heard a Cruise Next manager say.  Maybe I misunderstood them or maybe they were wrong.  Either way, good on you if you have received more than the standard two, and my apologies if I misled anyone.

• Like 1

A brief history of the latitudes meals:

Before 2017 each platinum guest got a voucher for a meal for two (in Cagneys or Le Bistro from memory). This meant that a couple got two meals for two. Solos were usually allowed to split theirs to two meals for one.

Then in 2017 they changed it to two meals for two regardless of the number of people. This meant that a solo now got two meals for two but they were no longer allowed to split them (as this would have meant four meals). The losers were groups where there were more than 2 platinums as they still only got the 2 meals. There must have been some complaints as soon afterwards the T&Cs were changed to the wording quoted earlier in this thread to allow more  meals for these groups.

The main change to the meals recently has been to allow them to be used everywhere.

3 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

A brief history of the latitudes meals:

Before 2017 each platinum guest got a voucher for a meal for two (in Cagneys or Le Bistro from memory). This meant that a couple got two meals for two. Solos were usually allowed to split theirs to two meals for one.

Then in 2017 they changed it to two meals for two regardless of the number of people. This meant that a solo now got two meals for two but they were no longer allowed to split them (as this would have meant four meals). The losers were groups where there were more than 2 platinums as they still only got the 2 meals. There must have been some complaints as soon afterwards the T&Cs were changed to the wording quoted earlier in this thread to allow more  meals for these groups.

The main change to the meals recently has been to allow them to be used everywhere.

Thanks.  My memory was a bit fuzzy, but that’s about my recollection of it, too.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

My memory must be failing me too. I thought everyone would get an individual package with two vouchers. One for Cagney/Bistro with wine and one for Monderno/Cucina. . 

I thought the “problem”’they were trying to solve was when you had mismatched status levels in a cabin. One person that was platinum and one gold where the gold would have to pay the cover charge (back before a la carte dining).

Now, as long as one person is a platinum, two people in the cabin can eat a free dinner, a net plus. For two cabinmates that were both platinum, the change was a net zero. A net improvement to the benefit. The only downside was if two platinum people in a cabin don’t want to eat together, now they have to.  

The most recent change now allows you to eat anywhere. A net improvement to the benefit. It also helps overcrowding in the premiere restaurants Cagney’s and Le Bistro. The new benefit limits you to 1-1-1 (per T&C), but I have never had a waiter try to charge me for the second soup/salad/app on our multiple cruises a year. 

If possible, I would like to ask another additional Latitudes question, since I have not sailed on NCL for a number of years but am returning to give NCL another try.

We were previously Platinum Plus members, which I now see on my account as Saphire.  We are visiting Great Stirrup Cay on our cruise and was wondering, as Saphire members, do we need to get a tender pass for Cay or just proceed to ender?

Thank you in advance 

2 hours ago, Kamfish642 said:

If possible, I would like to ask another additional Latitudes question, since I have not sailed on NCL for a number of years but am returning to give NCL another try.

We were previously Platinum Plus members, which I now see on my account as Saphire.  We are visiting Great Stirrup Cay on our cruise and was wondering, as Saphire members, do we need to get a tender pass for Cay or just proceed to ender?

Thank you in advance 

What ship are you on? I ask because every ship deals with latitudes tendering differently. We were just in GSC a couple

of weeks ago on the prima and they had us meet by the theater 15 mins prior to reaching gsc and then we get on then1st tender. On the Star in Feb in south america, we just showed out key card by tendering floor and got on the 1st tender off.. so each ship does tendering differently. 

18 hours ago, 7Contraveler said:

What ship are you on? I ask because every ship deals with latitudes tendering differently. We were just in GSC a couple

of weeks ago on the prima and they had us meet by the theater 15 mins prior to reaching gsc and then we get on then1st tender. On the Star in Feb in south america, we just showed out key card by tendering floor and got on the 1st tender off.. so each ship does tendering differently. 

18 hours ago, 7Contraveler said:

Breakaway