SS Rotterdam V, former MS Rotterdam VI and MS Rotterdam VII together in port of Rotterdam today.

Posted (edited)

The 3 latest Holland America Line vessels named Rotterdam, are in Rotterdam port today, May 4th 2024. Currently the MS Rotterdam VII and the Fred Olsen’s Borealis (former MS Rotterdam VI) are moored on the Rotterdam cruise terminal, only a stone throw away from the SS Rotterdam V, now a hotel in Rotterdam.

image.thumb.png.b38d53cad6a807e361468f589f14a086.png

image.thumb.png.80175169ff3238d78a646bb766aef933.png

Rotterdam VII and Borealis moored together, visible on the webcam.

image.thumb.png.74439cfb255240143eb150f1b26b8e70.png

With some work, someone would probably be able to get all 3 of the ships in one photo shot!

Edited by Alphen
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Alphen said:

The 3 latest Holland America Line vessels named Rotterdam, are in Rotterdam port today, May 4th 2024. Currently the MS Rotterdam VII and the Fred Olsen’s Borealis (former MS Rotterdam VI) are moored on the Rotterdam cruise terminal, only a stone throw away from the SS Rotterdam V, now a hotel in Rotterdam.

image.thumb.png.b38d53cad6a807e361468f589f14a086.png

image.thumb.png.80175169ff3238d78a646bb766aef933.png

Rotterdam VII and Borealis moored together, visible on the webcam.

image.thumb.png.74439cfb255240143eb150f1b26b8e70.png

With some work, someone would probably be able to get all 3 of the ships in one photo shot!

We sailed Rotterdam V back in 1997 on an Alaska cruise, our one and only HAL cruise, so far. We are booked on the Nieuw Statendam for the April 2025 Transatlantic, from Ft. Lauderdale to Rotterdam!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Navybikermom said:

I will be there next week. What webcam are you viewing?

You can look from start to finish;

Entrance to the Waterway, leading up to Rotterdam;

And two live views of the actual docking location:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for posting this Jeroen @Alphen. That must have been very special , possibly there must have been a lot of tooting back and forwards  when the 3 ships met at arrival and / or departures ! 

I have had connections with all 3 of the Rotterdam ships , as a young boy growing up in The Hague I was witness with my brothers near the city of Rotterdam when in 1958 the than Queen Juliana baptized the Rotterdam V which than after the bottle of champagne broke on her hull slid gracefully into the Nieuwe Waterweg  ( September 13 or 18 ,1958 ! )  In 2023 I finally had a chance to walk onto the now Hotel ship SS Rotterdam for the very first time , she is still beautiful ! 

After we started cruising we have been a couple of times on the Rotterdam VI on Trans Atlantic cruises and going to the Baltic Sea , we loved being on her , she truly was the flag ship that had something special .

Last but not least we were booked to go on the very first cruise on the Rotterdam VII when Covid broke out and all of a sudden everything was cancelled but than finally had the pleasure to do the 2023 Anniversary cruise when on April 18 , 2023 we came into Rotterdam exactly 150 years after the company officially was formed. This was a very nice cruise with a number of dignataries on board and numerous celebrations .

Greetings from Canada 

Tony , sailingdutchy 😄

19 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

Thank you very much for posting this Jeroen @Alphen. That must have been very special , possibly there must have been a lot of tooting back and forwards  when the 3 ships met at arrival and / or departures ! 

I have had connections with all 3 of the Rotterdam ships , as a young boy growing up in The Hague I was witness with my brothers near the city of Rotterdam when in 1958 the than Queen Juliana baptized the Rotterdam V which than after the bottle of champagne broke on her hull slid gracefully into the Nieuwe Waterweg  ( September 13 or 18 ,1958 ! )  In 2023 I finally had a chance to walk onto the now Hotel ship SS Rotterdam for the very first time , she is still beautiful ! 

After we started cruising we have been a couple of times on the Rotterdam VI on Trans Atlantic cruises and going to the Baltic Sea , we loved being on her , she truly was the flag ship that had something special .

Last but not least we were booked to go on the very first cruise on the Rotterdam VII when Covid broke out and all of a sudden everything was cancelled but than finally had the pleasure to do the 2023 Anniversary cruise when on April 18 , 2023 we came into Rotterdam exactly 150 years after the company officially was formed. This was a very nice cruise with a number of dignataries on board and numerous celebrations .

Greetings from Canada 

Tony , sailingdutchy 😄

Thanks Tony,

I also have special link with all 3 Rotterdam's. We both have cruised on Rotterdam VI and the new Rotterdam VII, but I also was honored to get to visit the SS Rotterdam while she was still actively cruising in 1983. The Dutch Navy ship I was stationed on, met the SS Rotterdam in the Caribbean and we were docked together in La Guaria, Venezuela. I was lucky to be among several Dutch crew members who were invited to take a tour on board SS Rotterdam, including a visit to the bridge, a very nice gesture by the SS Rotterdam crew!

image.thumb.jpeg.f4b1f5990d77104be2a7520e47c09d7f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d6639231a9f2dd82efd30400ce845bdc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.11837d910a5266f80ef6f593f09e6004.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7202c1f50828e57e27991db75dba9d0a.jpeg

Greetings from both of us !

Edited by Alphen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1