Nafplio, Greece

Sabbycat

Posted (edited)

Good day,

On an Az cruise this autumn and one of our stops is Nafplio. Thus far there are no excursions for this port advertised. I searched the Az site, and they only appear to stop in Nafplio once in 2024 and once in 2025. The website also indicates that in some ports of call they do not offer excursions. When we last sailed Az, pre-pandemic, and stopped in Nafplio there were ship sponsored excursions. Anyone experienced no excursions offered for Nafplio or a similar situation? (Oh and the roll-call is of no help as there are only two entries on it, both from January!)

Thanks,

Edited by Sabbycat
  • Thanks 1

Yes we were there with Azamara in Oct 2019. Did the ships tour to Epidaurus and Mycenae . Both excellent . Hard to believe nothing listed yet. 

If the ship is in port for 9 hours or so, there will surely be tours offered.  And if not, I'd highly recommend finding a private or shared tour to experience the ancient wonder of Mycenae and Epidaurus.

• Like 1

I'm glad someone asked. I think I'm on the same cruise as you, and was definitely wondering. All other ports have had excursions posted for a while. I emailed Azamara about it a couple of weeks back but they haven't responded.

There are a few options on viator, but not terribly suited to the length of a cruise excursion.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

I'm glad someone asked. I think I'm on the same cruise as you, and was definitely wondering. All other ports have had excursions posted for a while. I emailed Azamara about it a couple of weeks back but they haven't responded.

There are a few options on viator, but not terribly suited to the length of a cruise excursion.

@Sabbycat 

I used PK Travel last year and they did a great job; I've posted their website below.  They have many offerings and will customize as well.  I also suggest asking for recommendations on the Ports of Call page for Greece.

https://www.pktravelgreece.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mchell810 said:

I used PK Travel last year and they did a great job

I hired them in Athens for a group of us from our roll call.

We all could not have been happier with our guide and excursion.

• Like 3