DBE Question

2 hours ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

Do the 2 coffees per day include embarkation day?

How about debarkation day also?

They absolutely do include both. Also worth pointing out that we've been getting 2 free drinks per day from Grounds Club so not just coffees but also hot chocolate etc 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, -The-True-North- said:

Are DBE now per person or per room?

Per person who has qualified. So if only one person in the room has the benefits it must be applied to them for it to be no charge. Cabin mates who have not qualified for the extras can go to the drinks party but can’t get coffee etc. unless they tap using the others band.

DBE is now per  qualified person.  The 2 free beverages are specialty coffee, tea, or hot chocolate, all wth no alcohol added. THey are free at Grounds Club and all restaurants.  They start when you board on embarkation day and end when you get off the ship.

And...we had 2 people with DBE in the cabin.  On the 14 night that ended today, we sent laundry twice at no charge.  SO nice to com home with almost everything clean.

• Like 1

From Virgin:

All perks are per eligible Sailing Club sailor. Bar Tab, Wi-Fi, laundry service, and coffee charges may appear on the Sailor’s account, but will be waived before a credit card is charged at the end of the voyage.

• $100 promotional Bar Tab: a Bar Tab credit applied to the folio of the eligible sailor only
  • Unlimited premium Wifi: provided where available
  • Priority Boarding: early boarding time and dedicated queue in Terminal V and where available globally (cabin mate of Sailing Club sailor will be permitted to join when arriving together)
  • Dedicated Sailing Club Sailor Services Support: pre-voyage dedicated phone option for Sailing Club members. Onboard Sailing Club representative at the Sailor Services desk
  • Cocktail Event: invitation to 1 x Sailing Club cocktail reception per voyage (cabin mate of Sailing Club sailor will be permitted to join)
  • Laundry service:

- Blue Extras: includes one bag — express service is not included and laundry service is             unavailable on the voyage's final day
- Deep Blue Extras: includes two pressed items, one specialty-cleaned item, and one bag — express service is not included and laundry service is unavailable on the voyage's final day

• Specialty Coffee Credit:

- Blue Extras: One specialty coffee per day at bars or restaurants. Not available through Ship Eats. Alcoholic coffee cocktails not included.
- Deep Blue Extras: Two speciality coffees per day at bars or restaurants. Not available through Ship Eats. Alcoholic coffee cocktails not included.

3. Qualification details.

Blue Extras and Deep Blue Extras are available to Sailors who have earned these perks on all voyages until 31 December 2025.

---

Notes from me:  They won't check whose laundry is in the very large laundry bag 🙂

While the statement says "coffee," I can attest that specialty teas and hot chocolate continue to be included.
I sent one laundry bag in my name and one in the other name in my cabin....and they each had laundry from both.  You are right they they can't differentiate.  The bag was more than enough for a week, but I loved sending it the last possible day before disembarkation and bringing things home clean.  THat means laundry is not on todays "must do" list.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if the coffee credit works on the disembarkation day.  I was charged for 2 coffees.  I sent a message to Sailor Services but the thread was closed as "resolved", but i have no idea how it was resolved as I still paid for it on my balance.  I opened another chat, and never knew how that ended up because I left the ship.  It was only $6.00 total and I didn't feel it warranted me waiting in line for Sailor Services when previous that was sufficient.

Edited by Rogueperson

We got our coffee credit on disembarkation day last week on Resilient Lady with no problem.  Everything worked like a normal morning would.  Got our free juice as normal (Splash of Romance) and our free coffee for DBE.

• Like 1