Asking for opinions from Frequent Laundry Users

On Marina now.  Washers are small front loading. Dryers are much larger.  I did 2 washes and put clothes into 1 dryer.  It was good.  Better than waiting for laundry service to return clothes.  I did laundry in one hour.  I recently did Viking in a suite.  Had complimentary laundry service.  Turn around was at most next day. Often got clothes back same day.  Also, on Windstar, you get free laundry on cruises of 13+ days. Shorter cruises, you can buy unlimited laundry. Turn around is same day. On both Viking and Windstar, laundry Is ironed on hangers or folded as you request.  I would like to see Oceania offer an unlimited laundry package with fast return.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Redtravel said:

On Marina now.  Washers are small front loading. Dryers are much larger.  I did 2 washes and put clothes into 1 dryer.  It was good.  Better than waiting for laundry service to return clothes.  I did laundry in one hour.  I recently did Viking in a suite.  Had complimentary laundry service.  Turn around was at most next day. Often got clothes back same day.  Also, on Windstar, you get free laundry on cruises of 13+ days. Shorter cruises, you can buy unlimited laundry. Turn around is same day. On both Viking and Windstar, laundry Is ironed on hangers or folded as you request.  I would like to see Oceania offer an unlimited laundry package with fast return.

Don't we all wish Oceania would have unlimited laundry.  At least offer a full package for unlimited laundry.

I just wish they would have one day turn around on laundry.  I don't mind doing my own laundry but on the smaller ships it can be very difficult to get a machine.  I would gladly pay 15 to 20 dollars to get a bag of laundry done if I could get it back the next day.  When my mom was alive we cruised on Carnival with her and they always offered a laundry bag that you could put up to 20 items in and it was returned the next day for the price of $15.  The prices for next day service on O are just too high for the individual items.  They want me to pay more to wash my underwear than I paid for it in the first place.  I do wash things in the sink and that helps but it is one of the reasons I don't like the smaller ships.  We like to pack fairly light and do laundry at least once.  On our last cruise on Sirena we never were able to snag a washer and I wasn't going to spend my trip heading to the laundry room waiting for  washer.  

15 minutes ago, iowananny said:

I just wish they would have one day turn around on laundry.  I don't mind doing my own laundry but on the smaller ships it can be very difficult to get a machine.  I would gladly pay 15 to 20 dollars to get a bag of laundry done if I could get it back the next day.  When my mom was alive we cruised on Carnival with her and they always offered a laundry bag that you could put up to 20 items in and it was returned the next day for the price of $15.  The prices for next day service on O are just too high for the individual items.  They want me to pay more to wash my underwear than I paid for it in the first place.  I do wash things in the sink and that helps but it is one of the reasons I don't like the smaller ships.  We like to pack fairly light and do laundry at least once.  On our last cruise on Sirena we never were able to snag a washer and I wasn't going to spend my trip heading to the laundry room waiting for  washer.  

We eat dinner early so I found on Regatta that after dinner, around 8 was an excellent time to have the run of the laundry on Regatta. 

I'll have to try that.  If we eat early in the TC I'll be able to get to the laundry room and get it done.  Usually I only have to do one load per trip but doing larger things in the sink is a pain in the neck.  I've arrived when the room first opens and there is always a line in front of me.  I really don't want to get up at 6:30 to stand in line for the laundry room.  Thanks for your advice.

• Like 1