flights out of MCO

we will be on Wonder, getting back to PC on Sunday, November 24. Looking at flights back to Toronto, is a departure time of 11:30 a.m. easily done or would it be cutting it too close. Thanks for any input you can provide

25 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

Looking at flights back to Toronto, is a departure time of 11:30 a.m. easily done or would it be cutting it too close.

That's an ideal time.

• Like 2

I would do self assist walk off and use a private/shared shuttle. We have easily made a flight around this time frame. Usually getting to MCO from Port Canaveral around 9:00am.

• Like 1

It took me a little over an hour to just get through security last Tuesday morning. I thought getting ot the aiport 2 hours in advance gave me plenty of time but basically by the time I checked bags, got through security and grabbed McDonald's for breakast, I had 15 minutes before my flight started boarding. So keep that in mind.

I think that's fine, but at MCO it does depend on time of year, are you checking bags, do you have status with your airline, do you have TSA Precheck or Clear, etc. 

On 5/8/2024 at 8:37 PM, molsonschooner said:

I wonder if there is any difference between flying domestic or flying to Toronto

No, as you go through customs when you arrive in Canada, not in the US. You just go through baggage drop and TSA and that’s it. 

We did this in March. Our flight was originally early afternoon but WestJet changed it to 11:30am, also to Toronto.

We did self disembarkment, lined up for 6am, grabbed an Uber and we were at MCO by 7:30am. WestJet counter wasn't even open yet. Obviously everytwas smooth, and we were a bit worried but it worked fine. 

1 hour ago, Nickles76 said:

No, as you go through customs when you arrive in Canada, not in the US. You just go through baggage drop and TSA and that’s it. 

You will need to go to the counter to show your passport for verification since you are in transit internationally.  We just did this about 10 days ago from MCO to YVR via changeover in SEA.

• Like 1