Evening dress on Iceland/Greenland cruises

Since it is a bit colder on these cruises, do guests wear less formal clothing to the dining room?  I'm wondering if sweaters with black dress pants, perhaps accented with a nice scarf might be in vogue rather than dresses.  Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, quicklabs said:

Since it is a bit colder on these cruises, do guests wear less formal clothing to the dining room?  I'm wondering if sweaters with black dress pants, perhaps accented with a nice scarf might be in vogue rather than dresses.  Thanks in advance. 

The dress code doesn't change. If there are still formal nights, there will still be people dressing formally.

What cruise line are we talking about? What are their dress codes? In the end, dress as you please, within the dress code.

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

The dress code doesn't change. If there are still formal nights, there will still be people dressing formally.

What cruise line are we talking about? What are their dress codes? In the end, dress as you please, within the dress code.

18 hours ago, quicklabs said:

I don't see an answer here?

I'll tell you on Silversea, in Antarctica, there weren't any formal nights.  But if your cruise is a transatlantic with "traditional" ports plus "adventure" ports, you probably will still have formal nights.

Celebrity are relaxed in terms of evening wear, no formal nights so wear whatever is smart and comfortable for you.

However as the ships are no different to hotels and have full temperature control the inside temperature is kept constant, regardless of the external temperature.