Pan America Dock and shuttles? Stores? anything?

We will be on the Jade the only ship in port in San Juan. We dock at Pan America Dock. Do you think NCL will run a shuttle over to downtown since it is not walkable??? Any one dock there lately???? is there any thing to do?? any shops???? Look very empty

40 minutes ago, beauty1492 said:

We will be on the Jade the only ship in port in San Juan. We dock at Pan America Dock. Do you think NCL will run a shuttle over to downtown since it is not walkable??? Any one dock there lately???? is there any thing to do?? any shops???? Look very empty

22 minutes ago, beauty1492 said:

Believe it or not  It is a port day. near end of trip. We have never dock there. usually dock in old town

If it's a port call and you're the only ship in port that day you should be docking in Old San Juan. Where did you get the information that it's docking at Pan American? That only happens if there are no berths available in OSJ.

• Like 1

I checked multiply web sites for ship ports. All said the same thing.  only ship and at Pan American pier.

I will b on lookout for shuttles. Was $15 each way or round trip?

Thanks everyone 

14 hours ago, beauty1492 said:

I checked multiply web sites for ship ports. All said the same thing.  only ship and at Pan American pier.

Thanks everyone 

The source I normally use, cruisetimetables.com, doesn't identify whether ships are docking in OSJ or at Pan American. I also did a quick check of two others, crew-center.com and cruisemapper.com and off hand I didn't see that information on those sites either.

It would be helpful to anyone interested in this type of information if you identify the website(s) that have this information. Perhaps I'm just overlooking something .

15 hours ago, beauty1492 said:

Thanks everyone 

Round trip

26 minutes ago, MohrPfun said:

This is the very first google hit:

IMG_4922.thumb.jpeg.957c47702a81ef85847c9a4ed993e6aa.jpeg

That is for embarking and debarking, not port of call stops. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, zqvol said:

That is for embarking and debarking, not port of call stops. 

Well, tell that to the folks on the Prima that stopped there on April 23rd from St. Thomas.

Who knows, maybe it's dependent upon traffic and berth availability on each specific day?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MohrPfun said:

Well, tell that to the folks on the Prima that stopped there on April 23rd from St. Thomas.

Who knows, maybe it's dependent upon traffic and berth availability on each specific day?

In my experience the only time that cruise lines, including NCL, use Pan American for a port call is when there are more ships in port than can be accommodated in OSJ. 

Every cruise I've taken making a port call in San Juan did so at OSJ and every cruise I've taken embarking in San Juan has done so at Pan American.

Based on the information I could find, there were three ships in port on April 23. I believe only one of Muelle (Pier) 3 or 4 is in use in OSJ at present so two ships docked there and one, the Prima, at Pan American.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Thanks 1