*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

1 minute ago, cruiseny4life said:

Have fun at Harbour Nights! Let us know how it is - I would love to get to Hamilton for that one evening. 

Headed there in an hour or two!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Have fun at Harbour Nights! Let us know how it is - I would love to get to Hamilton for that one evening. 

Harbour, Why do the British always have to stick a "u" where it doesn't belong?

I guess it's a labour of love.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Harbour, Why do the British always have to stick a "u" where it doesn't belong?

I guess it's a labour of love.

Why must you belabour these points. 

• Haha 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Stayed at the beach for about 90 minutes.

No tour…just a taxi ride for an hour for $65.

400 year old church…

Impressed that you got driven for around, making stops to get out & snap pictures, etc. before resuming - negotiated, for just one hour (slow day for drivers hanging out at Dockyard as the morning rush is over)  Good for you - do tell b/c I thought Bermuda's regulated, zone-based taxis have a flat rate minimum ... unless you are traveling point to point directly, although on a given day, you can pretty much get from the west end to the east end in possibly 45 minutes or less, traffic permitting.  

Is that St. Peter's Church over at St. George's ?? near the ruins/remains of the nearby Unfinished Church (no longer open to visitors for safety reasons ... we're fortunate to see it like 20 years ago, docked just blocks away as the Crown was much, much smaller & able to get into the harbors.   

Meanwhile, enjoy & have fun at Hamilton's Harbor Festival, we missed the days of dining on the ship and walking off the ship's gangway on Front Street, and down the block with the music, sights & sound in the evening.  

Edited by mking8288

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

And his chick magnet status at the Regal Beagle. Kind of like @graphicguyat the Local...without the tripping. Maybe Dan is related to Jack Tripper.

Without the tripping? Do you know who we are talking about?

29 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Good night

Woo !!!  Wait, hold on and you gotta be kidding us ... your "day" is just warming up as the moon rise.  Isn't it party time soon for the first evening at Dockyard.  

It's about 9:30 Bermuda time on the islands ... those wings are waiting.  

Oh, any exciting "news" from CruiseNext over DWO earlier worthy of posting, or just the usual chit-chat conversation.  

• Like 2

On 6/18/2024 at 11:06 AM, graphicguy said:

Game shows ARE NOT replacements for the main Broadway type shows!

Thanks for the info @graphicguy

Being a healthy skeptic when money is involved, I will hope for the best, but prepared for the worst, where game shows are basically all they offer

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Woo !!!  Wait, hold on and you gotta be kidding us ... your "day" is just warming up as the moon rise.  Isn't it party time soon for the first evening at Dockyard.  

It's about 9:30 Bermuda time on the islands ... those wings are waiting.  

Oh, any exciting "news" from CruiseNext over DWO earlier worthy of posting, or just the usual chit-chat conversation.  

You are mistaken…I never said my day is over. Just wishing all a good night. 😊

There was nothing discussed at the dinner with officers that was not already shared on the pages of Cruise Critic. On the Aqua, Thai restaurant will make its debut and the obnoxious pillars at The Improv will be removed. 

When asked whether cruise passengers are ever consulted during the ship design phase, the CruiseNext manager said that the passenger surveys were taken into consideration when designing the Aqua. Perhaps three times really is the charm. 

The CN manager reiterated what @graphicguy already shared with us that NCL will start to produce its own shows like Elements. However, Million Dollar Quartet, Choir of Man and Jersey Boys are here to stay for a while. So much testosterone. Burn the Floor will also stay. If the rumors are true that Wicked is slated for the Aqua, that would be fabulous. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Hope you made it. Sorry couldn’t join you. Just finished dinner with officers and yes…one of them was from CruiseNext. 

I was faced with wandering around with no adult supervision.  

Although, if I had known @debenson0723 was at Flanagans, I would have crashed her party!

• Like 3