Live Ovation of the Seas Alaska May 17-24, 2024 with Kmom

23 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

I got an early check in time today, 11am, specifically to try to get free bookings on North Star

The Ripcord bookings are more important - especially for the 18 year olds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The Ripcord bookings are more important - especially for the 18 year olds.

Thanks buddy @Biker19. This is becoming a co-dependent relationship, at least on my end.

If I mess something up on this cruise that you coulda prevented, you know where I’m putting the blame! 😂

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

This is becoming a co-dependent relationship, at least on my end.

If you don't plan to use your free slot for yourself, book your slot on some other day/time so that one of the 18-year-olds can go a second time. The free slots may not be available all at once -they may be available only the morning of the port day. You can venture back there today - the 18 year olds may want to sign up for Flowrider while back there (hopefully the water heater is working).

Biker, who always tries to use the Flowrider on the first as it's likely to be least crowded - though that may not be such an issue on an Alaska sailing in mid-May.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

See folks, this is why I try not to be a big entitled jerk whenever I get my feelings hurt by some dumb person or dumb situation. 

Because there is so much more positive energy out there and it’s so much more powerful. 

Look at this HANDWRITTEN note from the GM of the Hyatt House at the Space Needle. This was on our kitchen table with some fresh fruit and other snacks.

He is thanking me for using a FREE night (in this case, worth almost $400) and explaining they upgraded me to a room worth even more. 

Thanking me for accepting a highly valuable gift from him, his team, and his company. Giving me grace beyond what I deserve. Chokes me up a bit, not gonna lie.

LIFE IS GOOD! BE KIND, GRATEFUL, AND JOYFUL!

IMG_4085.thumb.jpeg.0756cc6f0299fbfbdc333ae8a3e22976.jpeg

• Like 28

53 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

OKAY I am going to drop a teaser here. 

It’s 6:30 am in Seattle. @crzndeb has been kind enough, coming into port on Celebrity Edge this morning from her own Alaska cruise, to report that my ship has made it home as well. 

That’s always good news.  I got an early check in time today, 11am, specifically to try to get free bookings on North Star, which was the final deciding detail for selecting Ovation of the Seas over so many equally excellent options. 

However, there is something important that has gone rather deeply wrong in Kmom’s life recently and unexpectedly. You know it’s important because of Kmom referring to herself in the third person. 

And see, it could be a factor at embarkation and I am mostly but not 100% confident that it’s entirely under control. 

I’m also mostly but not 100% confident about my decision on how to manage it. 

I think I took a little risk with the decision.

I literally mighta messed up here and won’t know for sure till I get there. 

Hope all goes well this morning and you can board without issue!!❤️

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

I forgot to do the health screening yesterday and it appears to be too late so hopefully we just get asked the questions in person!

That's odd. I remember doing them in the Uber on the way to the port. I guess they've changed the window?

• Thanks 1

Just now, TravelGirlinDallas said:

That's odd. I remember doing them in the Uber on the way to the port. I guess they've changed the window?

It’s entirely possible I just can’t figure it out. 

On the bright side, I see all the Boomers boarding these ships. I’m sure I’m not the only one in this boat, so to speak. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

CC gave me a new badge today. Less than 1300 people have this! 

If you’re here, keep it in mind. You could join this exclusive society!

Live reviews are also how you earn the “rare” designation.

IMG_4087.thumb.jpeg.d315c4932d26acc468d5f3e2f6814038.jpeg

• Like 15

41 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

It’s entirely possible I just can’t figure it out. 

On the bright side, I see all the Boomers boarding these ships. I’m sure I’m not the only one in this boat, so to speak. 

It disappeared for me but then this morning I was able to complete it, the old standby “reboot the app” did the trick 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This hotel has only 8 stories, what the heck is all this noise? 😂😂IMG_4090.thumb.jpeg.aa02079c8ce4a8a9f875be0a47d5b7a0.jpeg

I was on the elevator headed to breakfast and we stopped at a lower floor where a beleaguered couple was desperately trying to maneuver their poorly overloaded luggage cart. 

Being in a rare charitable humor this fine morning I helped ‘em into the lift and out again at ground level where their appreciation was effusive. 

They’re getting on Edge this morning. In fact the cruise shuttle was already fully booked when we arrived last night so we’ll taxi over instead.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Ubering to port now and traffic is a bit backed up. IMG_4093.thumb.jpeg.9da1f1f029834499f2d63f57eb389ac4.jpeg

did it take you long to get an Uber from your hotel?  

Thanks !  

34 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Ubering to port now and traffic is a bit backed up. IMG_4093.thumb.jpeg.9da1f1f029834499f2d63f57eb389ac4.jpeg

We are trying to replace the toilet wax ring and I keep running back to see if you got on board!,

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Jus’ gon’ have one a day. Bloody Mary. 

IMG_4100.jpeg

I'm pretty sure that a Bloody Mary -- especially when you're on the water -- counts as vegetables.  😄 

• Like 5
  • Haha 18