GTY cabin barcode trick issue?

5 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Any RC experts know the answer to this?

The thankful for the upgrade.

If you really want to see a neighborhood balcony, leave late from your cabin and go into one on the last day (when most of the cabins doors will be open for cleaning on turn around day).

• Like 1

Wanted to close this out

The Allure GTY connecting cabin assigned 

did sleep 3 pp, despite indicated as 2 on their website 

I was told by RCCL before sailing that 3rd berth would be a sofa "chair"

it was a firm, upholstered banquet seating sort of thing.  no arms or back.  Looked newish, a bit narrower than a twin bed.

GD proclaimed it the most comfortable she had so far in her cruising adventures.  Was made up every night. 

Had her take a pic for me, just got it from her. Haha appears she focused more on a concert souvenir bag (sorry) but, you can see portion of it on right side of pic 

IMG_2322.thumb.jpeg.9d5ae8d5c3b481df732c4add4f34472d.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks for coming back to tell us the outcome.  I’m glad they provided your GD a comfortable bed.

Changing to that banquet style in some cabins (so they accommodate 3) would the cruiseline a bit more flexibility in cabin allocation.   Still, traveling as a couple, I’d be a bit disappointed if I got a cabin with the backless, armless seating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

The whole reason for a cruise line to market "Guarantees" is to give them the flexibility to market at various levels and then assign them according to availability.  So, at some point, RCCL, holding guarantees at certain levels, find themselves with vacancies at different levels...it then moves them around to fill the available inventory...

Most people booking guarantees expect to be assigned the worst cabin at thei9r guarantee level...and, usually, that is what they get...because the other tool they have to move people around is "RoyalUp"--where they can squeeze extra $$ out of existing bookings...But, when the dust settles, sometimes they just have the open inventory only in higher categories00which is the result MOST hope for when booking the guarantee.  AND, yes, an OV balcony is considered a step up from a Boardwalk or Central Park balcony...

Thank you! I knew that was the case on princess, but with the way RC sell the guarantee I thought you were locked into that category- my confirmation actually has a category as the guarantee rather than just a general “balcony guarantee “ like I’ve seen with other lines. Now I know! Not that I could have done anything different as there were no assigned rooms available at booking time in the neighborhood balconies. 

oh well. No big deal. The cabin assigned looks decent - mid ship, deck 11.

• Like 1

@ceilidh1, all I have read regarding these interior balcony cabins warn about privacy issues as the opposite cabins will be able to look directly into your cabin when you have curtains open, so most passengers will have them closed which essentially defeats the purpose of having a balcony cabin. 

This issue is very similar to the Promenade interiors on some of the other RC ships. I understand your curiosity regarding this type of cabin, but there are a few YouTube videos documenting these cabins and the privacy issue was a major drawback.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Still, traveling as a couple, I’d be a bit disappointed if I got a cabin with the backless, armless seating.

Can't imagine many being able to sit upright, leaning against wall & being able to plant feet on floor. 

no idea if they might have some sort of long bolster to

augment that if only 2 pp in cabin 

Since I was assured it would be a fold out chair, going with it will likely be difficult to get a straight answer until they update deck plans/complete next dry dock 

• 1 month later...

I’m glad that you have posted an update after embarking. We are experiencing the same issue with our Oct sailing. Per Apple wallet, we hv been assigned to 14714 on Symphony. Deck plan indicates up to 2 occupancies, however, we have 2 adults and 1 kid. Our TA tried calling, however as our cabin is still showing as ‘GTY’, there’s not much they can do. 

19 hours ago, missyprincess said:

I’m glad that you have posted an update after embarking. We are experiencing the same issue with our Oct sailing. Per Apple wallet, we hv been assigned to 14714 on Symphony. Deck plan indicates up to 2 occupancies, however, we have 2 adults and 1 kid. Our TA tried calling, however as our cabin is still showing as ‘GTY’, there’s not much they can do. 

I realize there is a TA involved, likely equates to RCCL not wanting to speak directly to you.  Even if they would, when it was still showing GTY, they repeatedly refused to acknowledge it was assigned, said they couldn’t see any cabin #.

likely, you will have that narrow, armless & backless bolster couch I posted above.  I’m holding onto thot it’s narrower than a twin bed.  GD had zero issue with it.  However, she is small.  I’d think most full sized adult would not be thrilled with it.  

Wondering if they have (unannounced) put them in many of the cabins for 2 as a fall back when they need 3 berths?